Take a chance

A house full of kids takes courage to be ran. Meryl has to do it, because Pierce definitely won't.
"Emma!" she calls so close to burst down in tears while she's trying to stop the water from spraying in the whole kitchen. Her oldest daughter runs in. She gasps and immediately closes the water. Meryl takes a seat at the table and grab her face.
"Mom, you're okay," Emma says and takes her hand. Meryl grabs her hand and nod kissing her hand.
"Mommy, Patrick won't give me the television remote," he second youngest son complains. Meryl glares at him and stand up clapping her hand.
"That's it! Everyone go clean your rooms!" she shouts and look horrified at her youngest little girl of five years old that runs into her. The girl looks up at her and starts to laugh. One thing about her family is that they know how difficult this is for her. They must cooperate with her. "Shit, I still haven't gone grocery shopping."
"Don't worry mom, you need a break. Go, I'll look after them," Emma says and grabs her hands kissing her cheeks. Meryl nods and runs up to her bedroom.
"Does any of you girls need stuff?" Meryl ask while running to her room.
"I need pad, the big ones," one of her teenage daughters shouts. Meryl nods and grab her notebook making notes.
"Tampons!" her second oldest daughter shouts. Meryl gives a strange look and kick her slippers off.
"Boys?"
"Shave gel," she hears. Her oldest son, oldest of everyone, 20 years old, takes the pen from her and start to make notes. She smiles thankfully at him and run to her wardrobe.
"Cindy needs extra big pads to cover her face!" one of the boys shouts. She sighs when she hears how the girls yells at him and runs after him throwing him with a shoe.
"We'll have this under control," Paul assures. Meryl nods at him and grab a simple pair of jeans and white shirt.
"Mommy, can I go with?" her five year old, Mandy asks entering the room. "I'll keep you company and carry your bags for you."
"Yes, take her with," Paul says to Meryl that looks at her little girl. Meryl nods and runs into her bathroom.

Mandy holds her mother's arm jumping up and down happily. Meryl smiles at her pushing the trolley down the shelf.
"Mommy, Danny says that daddy doesn't want to see us anymore," Mandy says. Meryl stops and looks horrified at her. "Is it true mommy?"
"Baby, daddy is just very busy," Meryl says and pick her up putting her in the trolley. "If I buy you a chocolate, will you tell your brothers and sisters?"
"No mommy!" she giggles. "But I don't want a chocolate. I want a hug."
Meryl's heart grows soft. A house full of children and none of them is getting enough personal attention. Meryl gives her a tight hug and kiss her soft cheek. Her attention gets drawn by a big muscled man that comes closer to her. He has curly dark hair mixed with a little bit of grey and is wearing a suite.
"Hi, sorry for bothering. I was just admiring your little girl," he smiles at her. Meryl let go of her daughter and give him a strange look. "I have a little boy of my own. He never preferred a hug over sweets. Is there a secret?"
"Oh," she laughs and tickles Mandy's back. "No, just...one parent. That's all."
"You're single?" he asks with an odd look. "How?"
"How?" she asks and laughs sarcastically. "Well, I'm a mother of fourteen kids. Yeah. One father that just vanished."
"I'm sorry," he says giving her a serious look. "Did he get hijacked or..."
"No, he just..." she shakes her head and shrug her shoulders. "He got tired. You will as well when you're 24/7 surrounded with kids. Don't get me wrong. I love my life with them. They're the only reason I'm still alive."
"I'm Don," he says and give his hand. She shake his hand and smile softly pulling her hand back. "I thought my life was hard."
"My life isn't hard. It's just...difficult," she says and look at the shelf.
"I know," he nods. She grabs a few things from the shelf and throw it in her trolley.
"Would you to go out for a drink?" he ask. She looks horrified at him. "Only if you want."
"You sure you want to ask me out for a drink?" she asks. He laughs softly and nod his head. "Don, I'm going to be honest with you now. You don't know me, I don't know you. I would love to get to know you better, but I'm a mother of fourteen. So let's not waste each other's time, okay? Okay."
"Mommy, the uncle is just being nice," Mandy says looking so upset. Meryl pulls in her breath and look at Don. He smiles at the girl then look at Meryl. "Say yes. I'll ask my brothers and sisters to behave."
"I'm Meryl," she finally says. He gives a big smile and take her hand kissing it. She feels her cheeks warm up. "When would you like to go on a date?" he ask. She raises an eyebrow and pull her breath in.
"Well, a date. Okay, well, while my son is here, I think tomorrow night?" she asks.
"Okay, can I take your number and you can send me your address," he day and take out his phone. Meryl takes it and put her number in. He saves it and put it in his pocket. "I'll see you Meryl."
"Sure," she nods and start to walk away from him.

One-shot Meryl StreepOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara