At Mamie's wedding

With Mamie's wedding that's laying ahead, that's all everyone's been focusing on. Her second marriage, well, hopefully Mehar won't break her heart like Benjamin did.
Meryl take her earrings off and look hopelessly at Don through the mirror. He's looking for pyjamas in the wardrobe.

"Are you still mad at me?" she ask and put the brush down. Don look down. He doesn't know where to look anymore.

"I'm not mad at you, I'm just disappointed," he reply and look at her. She turn around and give him an odd look. "All we've been doing lately is disappoint each other."

"What are you suggesting?" Meryl ask and bite her lip. He take his pyjamas and close the wardrobe. "Don, don't ignore me. You know how I hate it."

"There's nothing left for us, Meryl," he say and turn to her. "We sleep in separate rooms. It's worst than Hope Springs. Admit it. Then the disappointment and the fighting. I'm getting tired of it. Please, just give me time."

"I can't," she shake her head with tears in her eyes. "Everytime we give it time, we end up worst than what we were. I just can't."

"I can't either," he say and look down. She nod her head slowly. "This has to end."

"Well, it just did," she stand up and rub her sweaty palms against her pyjama dress. "I'm sorry Don."

He nod slowly and walk out. Meryl grab her mouth and start to cry. Is her marriage really over?

...

With a heavy heart, Meryl scan her reflection. The wedding has finally arrived. Don enter the dress room looking at her that glanced at him.

"We shouldn't tell the children anything yet," Meryl say and take a deep breath in. Don nod and look down.

"Isn't it funny," he whisper getting her attention. "We've spend our whole lives telling the children how to have a perfect marriage, Mamie went through a terrible heartbreak, getting married now and now we're...facing our biggest nightmare. At least we had a perfect life, right?"

"We did," Meryl nod with tears in her eyes. A knocking on the door got their attention. She grab her face and try to dry her tears because she knows if it's one of the children, they'll ask. "Shit."

"Mom?" it's Grace.

"Don't come in!" Don call out and try to think of an excuse. She saw them both just a while ago so he can't say they're getting dressed. "We're having sex. Fuck."

Meryl grab her mouth hearing her daughter walk away immediately. Don curse himself about the lamest, quickest excuse he came up with.

"Okay Gummer, don't be too hard on yourself," Meryl giggle and walk to him giving him a hug. He fold his arms tight around her and put his face in her neck. Their embrace becomes warm and comfortable. She kiss her cheek and pull away slowly before they can get awkward.

Finally at the venu, as husband and wife, Mamie and  Mehar is standing aside laughing with their friends. Meryl step aside for fresh air and look around. Perhaps now wouldn't be a good time for too much alcohol. When isn't the right time?

"Now, if all the husbands may."

Meryl give an odd look and watch all the men gathering the middle. With an odd look she fold her arms. They've al prepared a dance, including Don!
He send her a wink and when the music starts to play they began their dance. It's not anything fancy since they're all grown men, not youngsters. Meryl gasp and bite her lip with a blush spreading across her face. With a heart beating out of her chest she grab a full glass of wine drinking it all up.
By the end of the dance, Meryl made her way out for fresh air. She rub her chest to get her heartbeat back to normal. Don exiting the hall immediately got her attention. Whatever possessed her, allowed her feet to follow him. Don on the other had has no idea, only that he's exhausted from the dance and needs a bathroom to wash off his sweaty face.