You're killing me

It's one of the hardest times again. Going to the awards is laying ahead and she's going alone again. Going through the usual to prepare for the events, Meryl put her arms out. They're doing the dress she'll be wearing to the awards.
Her attention is being drawn to Don that came in with eighteen year old Louisa.

"Mom wouldn't guess who I saw," the enthusiastic girl say and throw herself down on the chair in front of her. "Remember Anna Potter from grade 4? She and Michelle is together. I never knew she was gay."
"Well, we're all a little gay," Meryl chuckles softly and look at Roy that grave her size numbers through to the designer. "I'm very gay for some of my co-workers."
"Omg mom," Louisa giggle awkwardly grabbing her phone when it began to ring. She excuse herself and walk out.
"This dress has either gotten a bit bigger since the last measurements or you shrank," Roy say to her. She role her eyes and shake her head.
"You know I love my weight. So if I shrank, I didn't cause it," Meryl giggle and look at Don that took a seat on the couch taking out his phone. "Can I help you, Don?"
"No, finish up. I need to ask you something," he reply keeping his eyes on the phone's screen. "...privately."

"Take your time," Meryl mouth at Roy. He laugh and shake his head. Kevin burst through the door and walk in a rush to Meryl.
"First things first, I asked them if they will have your favourite wine and they said yes," he say and grab his notebook to give her the details.
"You're a star, but the way you make it such a big deal, scares me," she giggles and shake her head. Don glare up at her with an odd look. Her head is turned giving him a glimpse of her soft skin. "People will think I'm an alcoholic."
"But you love your wine so wear it proudly," Kevin say and grab an envelope from his jacket giving it to her. "Second thing is, I was asked to give you this."
She take the envelope and open it. Just a letter for a new upcoming role.
"Third, you're sharing a table with your beloved enemy," Kevin say. Meryl glare up at him.
"I don't have enemies," she say shaking her head. He raise an eyebrow throwing her head back at Don. "Oh shit! No! Kevin, darling please don't tell me that."
"I'll see what I can do," Kevin nod and walk out. She shake her head with a heavy sighed and look at Don that immediately looked down. She nearly forgot he was there. Well, not that he's listening or anything.

"I want to ask Ella to marry me," Don say to her where they stand outside by her car. Her eyes jumps to his. Her heart sinks down into her shoes. He immediately notices her reaction. It's not one he expected. "Are you okay?"
"Yes," she nod with a lump climbing into her throat. "You want Louisa to stay with me tonight."
"Yes," he nod with an odd look. "Meryl, I know I don't need your approval to marry someone, but I care about what you feel."
"Of course!" she throw her hands up and bring them down again. "Marry her, dammit! I don't mind. Really, I don't..."
"Meryl..."
"...it's okay. I mean we all have to move on sometimes and..." she grab her front head to cover her eyes getting read. "...I should go. Really. I should..."
"Mary..."
Before he could say anything she git in the car. Louisa wave at her father from the passenger seat as they drive off. Meryl keep her eyes straight on the road trying her best not to cry. She's not over him and never has been.

The rest of the day has been a rollercoaster in Meryl's heart. She should stop him. She should...
"Mom, I know dad wants to ask Ella to marry him," Louisa say getting her mother's attention around table. Meryl quickly wipe away a rolling tear looking down again.
"Mom, you can stop him. We know how much you love him even after what happened," Louisa say grabbing her hand. Meryl take a deep breath in facing her daughter. "Besides, I think I forgot my charger there too and my pt bag."
Meryl give her a sweet smile and kiss her cheek standing up.
"I'll be right back sweetheart," Meryl say and grab her car keys running out.

She sat for nearly ten minutes in her deciding whether it's the right time to go and knock or if she should just rather go home.
She climb out and knock on the door. No answer yet. She take it as a sign and kick herself for even considering this. She fold her arms and just when she wanted to turn around, the door went open. She look at Don. He's half naked, only in a short pair of pants and his hair is messy and he's full of sweat. Her heart sank down into her shoes.
"Sorry," she shake her head and cover her face. "I just..."
The reality that she's too late hits her hard. She take her hands awah facing him.
"Louisa forgot her charger and pt bag," she say getting a serious look on her face. She's angry, sad and at the same time jealous.
"I'll get it," he say and step out of the way. "Wanna come in?"
"Sure," she nod and walk in. He run in to Louisa's room. Meryl look around smelling the air that's filled with the smell of dirt. Must be the mud outside. A little disgusted, she look at the dirty dishes. There is no fucking way on earth Ella is wife material.
"Meryl," the red haired woman came down. She's in her robe. "What do you want?"
"Nothing. I'm here to get stuff that Louisa forgot," Meryl reply and scan her. Her hair seems so oily and that immediately puts her mode off. What possessed Don to even go for her?
"Is that all?" Ella ask folding her arms.
"Sorry for interrupting your ride," Meryl say to her and role her eyes looking away.
"No thing. We can always pick up where we left off," Ella giggle cheekily. Meryl hate her with every nerve in her. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get personal with you."
"What do you mean?" Meryl ask with an odd look.
"Just since you weren't the best in bed, but I don't blame you. Not everyone feels confident to have sex," Ella say and put a piece of her hair behind her ear. "I can ride his balls day and night without getting tired, babe. That's probably why he doesn't stop me from doing so since you didn't at all."
Meryl feels hurt. She leaves it there and just keep her arms fold. No expression on her face. She admits that what she and Don had was magical, but it will never be the same again. They had their run, now the race is over and they need to go their separate ways.
"Here we go," Don say and put the pink pt bag on the table giving the charger to Meryl. She take the charger and put it in the pt bag. Ella touch Don's arm and walk back to their room. He can pick the smell of chicken pie on Meryl since that's what they ate for dinner. "You good?"
"Hmmm-mmm," she nod and grab the bag turning around. She goes still and turn around slowly. She put the bag on the floor and straighten her body in front of Don. "I just...I uhhh...I actually came to..."
She look down and shake her head.
"What?" Don ask worried.
She look at him and bring her hands up. She take the necklace off her neck that's hanging low. He give an odd look seeing it's her wedding ring she's wearing with the diamond pendant he bought her for her birthday.
"W..."
She take his hand and give it to him. He look at it in his hand then at her that stood back.
"M..."
"Sorry for bothering," she say and pick up the bag. She turn around and walk out. Don just stare at her in confusion. Both their heart are broken. He watch her drive off leaving him there confused.
Making his way back to bed, he take a seat and put the jewelry in his drawre. Ella go on her knees and touch his back kissing his neck.
"Is she gone?" Ella ask softly. He nod finally feeling the tears in his eyes. Ella isn't Meryl. She's nothing like her. He wants her, not Ella. Perhaps that's why he chose Ella in the first place, because he wanted to make sure he doesn't find someone who has something Meryl has. "Let's get back at it."
"I'm...I'm a little tired," he say and stand up. "I'm going to shower. Night."
She sit there in confusion. He walks to the bathroom and lock himself in grabbing his face. He feels so dirty all of a sudden. So...ugly and filthy.