Queen of hearts

Hi, here's another Peryl. This time as a king and a queen.
Enjoy!!!

Meryl can admit that being a queen isn't all fun and games like everyone thinks it is. It's more than just a crown and jewelery. In the light of the lamp on her dressing table, she looks at the green emerald in her hands. Her blonde hair is hanging loose over her left shoulder. She puts the stone back in it's little black box before looking at her reflection again. Quietly she gets up and goes to her balcony. She looks out at the gardens then at the guards that's walking up and down to guard the palace. Slowly she goes back into her room and close the doors. She goes to her bed and take off her white rope laying it on the chair. She's wearing a short white pyjama dress and smells like rose.
Loneliness can often get too much for her, but she rather not complain. For so long she had to listen to her husband snoring next to her and choking in his own spit. Even just the sound of King Harry breathing makes her miss being in someone's company.

Her day started like the regular. Only this time with an unexpected visitor.
"King Pierce Brosnan!" Shouts the foreman next to the cottage. Meryl raise an eyebrow and look at her daughter, Amanda. "King of the West!"
The door of the cottage goes open and out climbs Pierce fully dressed. He goes up to the two ladies and take Amanda's hand.
"Princess Amanda," he bows his head.
"King Pierce," she bows her head as well. They look at each other again and separate. He goes in front of Meryl and give his hand.
"Queen Meryl," he smiles and bow his head.
"King Pierce," she bows her head as well. Their eyes meets again. Amanda en Meryl both turn around and go into the castle along with him.

Their day went just as well as it would overall. Pierce is taking quite a like in Meryl like he never did before. Even if they knew each other in their blessed years of being young and married to their spouses, they never took that much of an interest in each other.
"Thank you for your hospitality, my queen," Pierce thanks her and watch the servents take their plates.
"It's my pleasure, king Pierce," she replies and sits forward at the table. "So, how can I be at your service?"
"It's about king Harry's estate," he says. Meryl put her hand up to him and get up from her seat looking at Amanda. "Will you excuse me and king Pierce?"
"Sure mom," she smiles and gets up leaving the room. Meryl moves away from her chair and go to the balcony. Pierce follows her silently.
"I know Harry wrote that all his belongings must go to you," Meryl says to him and inhale deeply. "I'll have some of his things given to you."
"My queen, this is not about his stuff," Pierce says and smiles softly at her.
"Is it about me?" She asks. He nods and smile softly at her. "I'm not just some possession, king Pierce. I was his wife and I can refuse."
"Harry said that all his precious belongings must be passed unto me. Which he included you," Pierce says and glare at her. She looks worried at him and raise eyebrow.
"You did nothing to deserve this," she says with tears in her eyes. "You cannot just turn up here to claim your heritage. I'm the Queen of Danville and I will not leave this behind just for the West lands."
"I didn't come to claim my wife or heritage. I've come to ask for unity. One land, two kingdoms uniting and becoming one," he says and scan her face with his eyes.
"I'm not giving up my throne to unite," she whispers asurely and just as she turns to walk away, he grabs her hand gently.
"I didn't ask you to give up your throne, my queen. I asked for us to become united. Of course, Danville is still yours and Orilands mine, but opening the borders to each other and making it one."
"Why?"
"Because it's only better when run by two rulers," he says and glare at her. "A king and a queen."
"I'll think about it," she says and pull her hand out of his. He watches her leave in a rush.

***

It's a bright day. Pierce sits on his horse riding around in town with his guards. He looks at the young girls gossiping over him and wave at them. They giggle and wave back at him. He raise an eyebrow looking ahead of him again.
"Thank you so much," he hears the familiar voice. He stops and look at the figure that gave an elderly woman a tight hug and a kiss. She's wearing a long cloak and is covering her identity very well. Her voice is all that gives her away.
"Wait here," Pierce says to the guarda and go to the woman with his horse. "Hey, need a lift?"
Meryl looks terrified at him. He smiles at her and give his hand.
"I'll walk," she says. He raise an eyebrow at her. She looks around awkwardly and fold her arms. "No one knows I'm here, okay? Go on. I'll be fine."
"Only for the part where you won't be," he says. Meryl glares at him and turn to look at her mother.
"I'll come see you soon," she smiles and put her hand in Pierce's. She push her foot on the step. He pulls her up and let her sit in front of him. She looks down embarrassed and close her eyes for a second. The horse goes back to the guards that sat on guard waiting for him.
"Let's go," he says. They start moving on. Meryl let's down her cloak and take it off revealing a nice brown dress she's wearing. "So, what were you doing unguarded?"
"It has nothing to do with you," she says and throw her hair over one shoulder to keep it out of the way.
"You are stubborn Queen Mary-Louise," he chuckles. She rolls her eyes and wave at the kids that shouted in joy to see her.
"Please," she looks over her shoulders at him. "If you're going to call me Queen Mary-Louise, you might as well call queen out."
"Her Majesty!" Shouts a man from a distant which drew some attention.
"I apologize," Pierce whispers. His breath slams against her skin. She looks horrified in front of her.