Another universe

Something very weird and completely different. Unplanned. Hope this goes well.

And yes, this one is with Dwayne Johnson
And yes, I'm obsessed....OBSESSED with divorced couples.

So just imagine them being around the same age in today's life but younger...say, middle age.
***
With a tear rolling down her cheek, Meryl look at the photo of her and her ex-husband, Dwayne.
"Mommy?"
She looks up at her little boy that enters her room. He looks just like his father. Meryl moves up on the bed so that he can lay nexy to her. He does and look at the photo in his mother's hands.
"Is that you and daddy?" he asks.
"Yeah," Meryl smiles softly and take him in his arms. "Donovan, you know your dad loves you, right?"
"Yes mom," he nods and put his arms around his mother. "I just wish he was here."
"Soon, he will be," Meryl whispers and smiles softly. "Daddy is coming home next month, baby."
"Is he going to stay with us?" he asks.
"Yes, just until he got a job and can afford his own house," Meryl says and put the photo down.
"Daddy looks different now than in the photo," Donovan says and look at his mother with wondering eyes.
"Jail changes people, darling," she says and look at the ceiling. Donovan nods and rest his head on his mother's chest closing his eyes.

It's a bright day. Dwayne takes a seat at the table and grab the phone. He is build big and has a nice skin tone.
"Hello kiddo," he says to Donovan that has the phone to his ear. "How are you?"
"I'm good," he giggles. "Mommy says you're going to stay with us when you get out."
"I am?" he laughs and look up at Meryl that comes in. She must've been on the phone or something. She walks directly to them and stand behind Donovan. "How is mommy doing, boy?"
"Okay. Just missing you," he replies and play with the phone's cord.
"Can I speak to her?" he asks. Donovan nods and stand up showing the phone to Meryl. Meryl gives her son an odd look and take a seat putting the kid on her lap. She takes the phone and put it to her ear. "Hi."
"Hello, Dwayne," she greets back and look at him. He smiles a little and sit up straight. "Are you keeping up?"
"I can't believe it, Meryl. It's really been seven years," he says in his deep voice. "Seven long years without my son."
"Right, so you'll be staying with us until you are settled," she says and take a deep breath in. "I'll have the guestroom ready for your arrival."
"That's very kind of you, Meryl. Thank you," he says. "But will be alright with it? Since we're divorced and you know, uhhh, what happened last."
"Yes, Dwayne," Meryl giggles and scratch her head. "I know. We'll keep it professional for the children's sake."
"Right," he nods. "Dominique came by this morning. She's really doing well."
"Oh she's a big girl," Meryl giggles and shrug her shoulders. "Anyway, here's your son. Speak to you soon, okay?"
"Yes," he nods. Meryl gives the phone to Donovan that took it with hands open to talk to his dad.

Meryl makes sure the room is right. After that, she ran down to greet Dwayne. She comes in the kitchen and froze. He's much bigger than what he was and looked like behind the glass when she visited him. She swallows the lump in her throat and look at Dominique, their oldest daughter. Donovan is sitting in his father's arms very happy that he's home.
"Come through," she says and smiles at Dwayne. He picks his suitcase up by his feet and walk after her to his room. He enters his room and put his suitcase and Donovan down.
"This is amazing," he smiles and look at Meryl. She bites her bottom lip and open the closets.
"Here is space for you. I don't know what size clothes you wear anymore so I'll help you get some tomorrow," she says and turn to him. "I put an extra toothbrush, towels and other things in your bathroom. Settle down, okay? We'll see you now. Come Donovan."
"But mommy."
"Donovan, Now!"
Donovan folds his arms angrily and walk out. Meryl shake her head and look at Dwayne.
"Don't be so hard on him," he says.
"He's risky when you're around. Now I see who he takes after," she says and walk out. Dwayne give an odd look before going to his suitcase.

"Donovan, eat," Meryl says and push his plate back in front of him.
"I'm not hungry," he says and push it away from him.
"Dammit Donovan, you haven't eaten all day!" she yells at him and push the plate back to him. "What's going on with you?"
"Mom," he whines and tries to push it away.
"Johnson, eat," Dwayne says and enter the kitchen. Donovan looks scared up at his dad.
"Come on, daddy will eat with you," Meryl says and take the plate out of the microwave. Dwayne takes a seat and look at Meryl that sets his food in front of him.
"Aren't you eating?" he asks. She looks at the time around her arm and take a deep breath in walking away. She gets her plate and go back to the table taking a seat next to Donovan. Dwayne starts to eat. As soon as he tastes it he starts to devour the food into his mouth. "You're food are the best."
"Slow down Johnson," Meryl giggles. He look at her and slows down. "Show some manners around the table, please."
"My apologies," he winks at her. Meryl looks down with a little blush. "In jail, we didn't eat as nice food as we do here. You should always be thankful, Donovan and eat what your mother make. She makes it with love and to feed your belly. In jail, they make the food carelessly about the results and just for us to get into our bodies. Their food is terrible."
"Yes daddy," Donovan nods and look at Meryl that smiles at him. "Can I sleep by you tonight?"
"Of course," he chuckles. "Just be careful. I might fart you out of the bedroom."
"Ewww," he giggles. Meryl shakes her head with a sweet smile and look at Dwayne that also look at her.
"How's work?" he ask her.
"Great," Meryl sighs. "It's just perfect. I'm mostly trying to get roles that's in near to keep Donovan in one school. I remember how difficult it was for Dominique to keep making new friends."
"Okay," he nods with a smile. "And how's that going for you?"
"Slow," she shrugs her shoulders.