17 ▪︎ Together

A/N: BIG creative liberty taken here. It is now canon that this book is set in another dimension😅

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙▪︎❀▪︎*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

The silent void was filled with voices in a millisecond. Stream of lights peeks itself through her eyes. She felt her hand resting on something, her feet covered in comfortable material and her posture relaxed on a soft spot.

After a few seconds, Diana finally opens her eyes.

She let out a small gasp to where she is and what she's hearing.

In the unfamiliar yet fancy tent, the workers were in a panic and gossiping with each other.

The blonde-haired woman looks over her hands and arms, another piece of unfamiliarity wash through her at the elegant and simple dress she's wearing.

And in all of this, only her thoughts work.

Where am I?

More questions raised as she saw Lilian steps towards her.

"Your majesty, would you like to check the situation outside?" She said with a defeated smile.

Your majesty?

Diana peeks from the corner of her eyes left to right. Claude was nowhere to be found either.

Who is she calling?

What situation is outside?

What is happening right now?!

Nervous yet curious, she nodded awkwardly and stand up.

"I'm so sorry, your majesty" Lilian bowed a little before guiding Diana outside.

Not knowing anything, she answered in the most polite way possible.

"It's alright, Lilian"

She steps closer to the outside of the tent to hear more chaos. Nobles standing around whispering to each other and some laughing in a specific direction she and Lilian is heading.

Diana glance around where she is.

A field?

Seeing the other closing tents, is it a hunting competition?

That hypothesis is easily broken after she saw other observers acting the same way the nearing nobles are.

Commoners?

Just by then, they reach the spot that was surrounded by the most people. Slowly, one by one the nobles step away and bow as she near them.

Since when are they this respectful?

Soon enough, the nobles glare at her and some even snicker.

There you go.

She looks in front of her. Easily, her eyes widen and she gasps.

A small figure with the smallest glance can realize is the child of a high noble. And of course, the easiest feature to spot.

That blonde hair...

The golden shade is far too familiar.

Or am I too lovestruck?

There are a thousand people around the world that could have blonde hair.

But still...this child whose back is facing me. I felt connected...?

Oh and there's a noble screaming bloody mary with his right knee completely bruise up. Easily visible thanks to the rip pants that revealed it.