14 ▪︎ The One Question Is Asked

A/N: Yall don't know how much excitement I got from writing this chp. It may be mediocre, but this is the most fun thing I ever wrote as a hopeless romantic(thats a disclaimer in itself). Hope my work make yall smile and cringe as much I did when writing it☆☆

~▪︎❀▪︎~

Sunset is nearing another day in Obelia as a late and quiet meeting is held in one of Garnet Palace's grand office.

Well, the quiet atmosphere is due to the lack of abilities for the nobles to complain. Someway, somehow, they will be shut down by the emperor who easily know what they are planning.

I don't have time for this.

Claude on the other hand, uses his advantage of time travel. Once is far too many for him. He thanked his strong memory as this time, the empire run far better than his reign from the past life.

Even if the nobles had anything new, the Emperor of Obelia quick thinking immediately cut them down. Metaphorically however. Oh how he wish it was physically.

But that wouldn't be a good look, would it?

The nobles look at each other awkwardly. First of all, the emperor is so obviously more focused on the ticking clock, waiting for everything to be over. And second, the nobles all have one topic they would like to object.

But who dare to stand up to the emperor?

"Oh my, it's as if his majesty has a mind reading super power" all of them awkwardly laugh to soften up the atmosphere.

Not for long.

"Felix, start an ambush on Marquess Gerold's Manor right now. Search around the garden especially"

"YOUR MAJESTY?!" Marquess Gerold stand up, shocked and terror filled his whole body.

Everyone else in the room was shocked as well at the sudden order.

"Do you think I didn't knew about the large amount of drugs that you had smuggled from the secluded market of the town? Guards, drag him out. I can't have someone like this existing anymore" Claude said nonchantly as he flipped the pages of the file infront of him.

"Y-YOUR MAJESTY?! I-I WHAT?! Y-" His loud mouth was shut by one of the guards thumping his head with the edge of his spear.

Silently, the unconcious man was drag out as all of the other nobles become scared and awkward once again.

There, done.

The case that took months from his past life was done in 2 weeks secretly. And today is the day the culprit is capture. How easy.

However, no matter how many times the emperor receive compliments for his achievements, he can never feel any glee from those words.

I remember events from decades ago but forget my daughter twice?

For the emperor, its stupid for him to think that there's anything for him to be proud of.

Another fault also come to his mind.

And that...

Just then, the clock finally chime to the end of evening.

"Dismissed" Claude said, the kept eagerness to get out of that room finally released itself.

The nobles quickly look at each other with desperation of the words they weren't able to let out.

The emperor is already out of his chair, his trusty knight walk right beside him as they approach the door.