(1/2) 16 ▪︎ I Believe

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙▪︎❀▪︎*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

11:00 p.m

Winds flew roughly as the trees were damp. The rain and thunder wanders free in everyone's ears, having the pitch black night sky become its finishing touch for the gloomy atmosphere.

Weeks pass after the shocking news that shook the entire imperial palace. It may have even reach the ears of the commoners via rumours.

Through it all, the Emperor of Obelia was unable to be around his fiancèe.

The Kingdom Of Myles attack only risen with any attempt of negotiation. Causing the emperor and his army to make their journey to the Alcmene Village for a different kind of negotiation.

Although the emperor had receive a million more compliments for his leadership, none of them made him feel even a remorse of pride.

After hours of more mounted work from his quiet return to the palace, Claude was finally able to visit his beloved Diana.

Melancholic. Is the word to describe his feeling.

Leaning against the crest of his bedroom door, his jeweled eyes dim with the darkly lit room.

What a fool...

He thought.

A dozen miracle could accure. And I'll still remained the fool that I am.

Claude sighed to himself. Another roar of thunder went unnoticed by him who's focused on the scenery.

.
.
.
.

In the serene night, filled with the recently cold breeze of winter, the dim lit room cemented itself in my memories.

I'll turn my heels once again.

Acting as if I never knew you in the first place.

Acting as if your existence never impacted me.

Acting as if you are not the one who brought me back to life.

Acting..

Until I'll finally, for what feels like a thousand time, win.

For the time to come where I won't feel as if I'm being played by you.

Wishing that my urge to grovel at your feet disappear.

Because no matter what I do, it seems as though I'll lose you completely.

But unlike before, not only will I lose you, but she will lose the mother she had always wanted to be with.

Again.

.
.
.
.

"Claude?" Her gentle and excited voice resonate through the emperor's ear who's steps are heavy to her.

Seeing her standing up, Claude ran to her.

For her, his beloved Diana, to be in his arms.

Claude dug his head in her shoulder, his embrace tightens as her voice halt at the sudden touch. Eventually, she rest her head in the crook of his neck. Roaring thunders from before has calm itself down to a comforting and silent drops of rain.

"Claude..." she called for him. Hearing her voice brings an epiphany of relieve and sadness through him. The silence and comfort from each other continue as Diana realizes something. Mentally cursing herself.

What a fool...

She thought.

A fool with selfishness. How can I be such to him?