Chapter 40: Element of Surprise

Huff

Huff

"Where..." my voice faltered as I caught my breath, "where are they? They were supposed to be here minutes ago."

"I don't know they said they would just send Eret out with the other groups. Do you think they forgot?" Sapnap huffed besides me.

"I don't know. They could've? I... what do we do?!" I panicked.

"Hey, hey calm down. It'll all work out, okay. We just... we just need to think of something fast." Sapnap replied.

"Like what. How are we gonna find them?" I looked up Sapnap who wasn't doing a very good job at hiding his panicked state either.

Sapnap started to speak. "What if-"

"SAPNAP COME IN! COME IN SAPNAP!" The walkie strapped to Snapnap's waist interrupted.

Of course!

Sapnap's eyes widened and he ripped the device from his belt. "I'm here! I'm here. Come in!"

Loud static cut into a frightened voice. "Sapnap you guys gotta get outta there! They found out! Get 'em all out now!"

"What do you mean! Where are you guys!" Sapnap replied with the same urgent tone.

"We're on the run! Techno and Wilbur are still inside! They said they wouldn't leave until all the prisoners were out!" The voice spoke again.

"What do you mean?! We're still inside! Where's Techno and Wilbur?!" Sapnap asked loudly.

Static.

"Karl! Come in Karl!" Sapnap practically screamed into the walkie.

The static came again but it cut back to Karl's scared voice. He was breathing heavy and yelling.

"GET OUT OF THERE NOW! ITS GONNA BLOW!" Karl's voice blared through the walkie.

Sapnap began to respond. "Now?! Techno was gonna wait th-" 

"ITS NOT TECHNO! GET OUT NOW!" Karl ordered.

"Who's doing this?!" Sapnap asked urgently.

"VILE!" Karl screamed into the walkie. "GET OUT NO-" static cut out his voice.

"Fuck!" I yelled in frustration.

"Dream we... we gotta go now!" Sapnap began to pull my arm, but I still stood in place. Unable to move my feet.

"Why would VILE want to destroy their own hard work..." my voice faltered in confusion.

"Dream now's not the time-"

"No!" I yelled at him. "Why the fuck are they blowing up their own shit! They've got to be bluffing!"

"Either fucking way I'm not staying to find out! We're leaving NOW!" Sapnap had finally used all the strength he had to tug me in the direction of the exit.

"We can't leave without Techno and Wil! They can't be in here when this place blows!" I said.

"We don't have enough time, we're gonna have to hope they got out." Sapnap seemed to be calmed down a bit.

"But we don't know whether they got out or not." I told Sapnap.

"We're gonna have to trust they did. Cuz if we stay any longer, we'll be blown to nothing." Sapnap kept tugging.

"No!" I pulled back strongly, tossing Sapnap back in the process. "We need to fucking find them Sap! I'm not leaving anyone behind again!"

I breathed heavily and Sapnap stood in silence, no longer fighting.