Chapter 17: Ignite

It was pitch black. A darkness of some sort. My eyes stung.

Wait.

I began to shift slightly but halted to a severe pain in my shoulder. Sharp, deep pain. The feeling pulsated from my shoulder all down my arm in waves. I took in shallow breaths to level the panic rising in my chest.

This doesn't make any sense.

I really didn't want to open my eyes.

I don't have to. Do I?

I heard an unsteady breathing beside me.

I have to.

A soft orange light filled my vision. Everything was one huge blur. Everything I heard was muffled. It was like a remote was used to turn down the volume in my ears. I kept blinking in hopes of sharpening my vision. I managed to barely make out shapes and color. At least some. Someone sat next to me, I couldn't make out who it was. So I decided to get their attention. I took in a deep breath and let out an obnoxious sigh.

"George?" a soft yet raspy voice came from beside him. He looked over and saw now visible, familiar features. Tall, dirty blonde, and incredibly handsome.

"Dream...?" I smiled. My voice was a low whisper. I hoped Dream heard.

"Oh my god!" Dream yelled out. All his yelling had practically burst my sensitive eardrums, but I couldn't care. The boy was practically jumping up and down. I couldn't be happier knowing he was happy. His smile could light up any room.

"You're awake!" He sped towards the bed. He knew better than to grab my shoulder. His arms wrapped around my torso tightly. He dug his face into the center of my chest. "I thought I lost you."

My vision and hearing were slowly adjusting and going back to normal. His eyes were brimmed with tears and he carried a smile ear to ear. I could see his beautiful face. His tears weren't of sadness. They were tears of joy. It was worth it to open my eyes again. To witness such a sight.

"Y-you did it George, you did it."

Dream moved his face up close to George's. He could feel his breath on his face. He moved inches closer until his face was right above mine. I blushed at his whisper and our position. He placed his forehead on mine, his skin was warm and comforting. I flushed even more at the contact. His eyes bore into mine for a few seconds. His green eyes. His beautiful, glowing green eyes. I could stay here forever, lost in the luscious green forests that stared back at me.

I need him.

"George..." he heard Dream whisper.

Dream leaned in slowly. Their lips were brushing against each other. They closed their eyes. George waited for contact but none came. My lips tingled with electricity.

Dream was waiting for him. Waiting for what? George's approval?

George loved him with all his heart. Dream was always there for him. And he promised he would be there for him too.

George lifted his face up a bit and closed the small gap between them. Feelings of warmth engulfed him as their lips lightly collided. I could feel Dream slowly push his face down, into mine to deepen the kiss. It was better than I ever imagined. Like Dream was a missing puzzle piece that would only fit perfectly with me. They kissed for what felt like eternity before pulling away breathless.

"Sorry I didn't do that sooner." Dream giggled a bit before putting on a serious expression and backing his face away a bit. He thought for a bit before speaking. "I kept telling myself that you didn't like me." His face was bright red as he explained.