Chapter 10: Hidden Talent

"C'mon just let him come. Let him get a feel for it." Sapnap argued. "Just earlier you we're literally begging for George to be a part of the mission. He proved himself, let him go."

"Ya dude. We can't just keep letting him sit around here and relax while all of us work out asses off." Quackity stood beside Karl.

It was the next day and Sapnap was already eager to test my once hidden skill. The group had been arguing for almost 5 minutes on bringing George last minute on their mission.

"We can't just send him out there without him knowing what to expect." Dream said glaring at Sapnap.

"I know! That's what this mission is for." Sapnap brought up a good point. How was George supposed to learn if he was never given the chance. "It will give him experience for future missions. I mean seriously, what happens when we do a base mission."

George had heard of those. Base missions were when the whole base would go out together to complete a dangerous task. The dangerous task would of course require all their group members to help out. Meaning it would land George to guard the base alone while they all were out on their mission. He wanted anything but to be left alone again. No matter how dangerous the missions sound.

"I can't let him. After what he's dealt with out there, I don't think he's ready." Dream argued.

Quackity sighed before turning to George. "Look dude, do you wanna go on the mission? You haven't really said anything."

Finally someone acknowledged he had an opinion too. I thought about what I was gonna say before speaking. I needed to convince Dream to let me go on the mission.

"I have to be honest, Dream. I know these missions are pretty dangerous and I know you think I'm not ready. But they're right. If I never get the chance, I'll never get to be with you on missions or leave this base." I said before turning to Dream. He definitely was not happy with my response but stayed calm.

"Are you sure you wanna come? It's gonna be dangerous, I don't want you to get hurt." He asked again for reassurance. His tone was a bit cunning, like he didn't exactly want to argue against me directly.

I stood my ground. "Yes, I'm sure."

~

It was nighttime now. The chilly winter air blew through my hair and shook me to the core. Even with glasses on my face, the cold air made my eyes tear up. It was time for the break in. We sat atop a small rooftop of a building next door to the research center.

"Remember the plan guys." Dream was to lead the mission.

"We knock out the guards and sneak in. Once we're in we make our way to the data rooms and snatch whatever folders that will help us." Dream handed out fully charged walkie talkies to each of us. "But if we see anything on code, that's priority. Drop everything and walkie us to run. Got it?"

We all nodded in silence, acknowledging the plan. My walkie, like the others', hung on the bottom of my protective vest.

"Alright, let's go." Dream motioned his hand forward towards the back entrance of the research facility.

The walkies were used as a form of communication in case we were ever separated. Which is great in these circumstances, we would need to split up to grab what we can inside the labs.

I followed Dream down the ladders attached to the sides of the buildings nearby the facility. Each metal surface felt icy to the touch and slippery. I was reassured knowing someone was below me in case my clumsy self failed to grip onto the ladder rungs.

The five boys had finally managed to reach the ground. They stood, concealed in the shadows of other buildings. All the boys had to do was get to the back door without being spotted by the guards and they were in.

Dream peeked around the corner of the building, getting ready to signal us forward. But he never did. Instead he turned back towards us and pushed everyone back a bit more. He had a worrisome look on his face.

"VILE may have upgraded a bit." His voice was low.

"What do you mean?" Karl spoke up.

"I mean VILE decided to upgrade to goddamn motion sensors. Dream was upset at the change in security. "We're never getting in without Wilbur."

"Why Wilbur?" I asked.

"Well, he knows how to tamper with new tech like this." Dream explained. "Without him, we can't get in, no one here knows how to hack into such advanced code."

We don't need Wilbur.

Almost right on time, past memories attempted to flash through his mind. Memories of VILE.

He tried his best to hold back his thoughts of his childhood. His face became scrunched up in the process worrying Dream a bit.

"George, you okay?" Dream asked, a bit concerned for the boy beside him.

"Yea, yea I'm fine I just..." I stopped myself from finishing. I was not fine. I finally let the thoughts in.

They couldn't hurt me. Could they?

An immediate pounding pain formed in my head. I had to scour through my memories for something useful. A feeling deep in my gut told me to. I backed into the wall behind me and slid down in pain. I couldn't stand anymore. I just closed my eyes.

"George!" Dream's faded voice yelled.

~

Memories of my training at VILE replayed through my mind. Flashes of him staring at a glowing screen flooded his mind. Endless code filled the screen to the brim and sounds of keyboard clicks filled his ears. But it all made sense. He learned at a young age how to depict and read code. He watched his younger self continue to type in number after number into the computer. Until he stopped typing for a moment.

What am I doing?

Young George looked around the room cautiously before looking at his monitor again. Expect this time, before starting to type again he proceeded to open a small box underneath the computer. Colorful wires were tangled together into a mess inside the small box. Before I could question my younger self for their actions, he started to rip out some of the small wires carefully.

Young George stopped ripping out wires and started typing again. But this time with letters and symbols.

Am I... hacking?

Young George smiled as he typed in code after code. Suddenly he stopped typing and looked up at the ceiling. The lights had miraculously turned off. George's expression turned smug.

George didn't remember learning to hack in VILE training. VILE never taught him that.

Techno did...

~

"-eorge, George!" Dream's voice faded into existence again. I opened my eyes to see all the boys huddled around my collapsed body.

"Holy shit dude are you okay?" Quackity asked, a bit frightened from George's sudden fall.

"Yea, I'm great actually" I smiled up at them. But I received nothing but confused glares.

"What the fuck do you mean your great, you just fainted!" Sapnap responded immediately.

"I may not look in the best of shape right now-"I started to explain.

"Ya think." Sapnap interrupted.

I let myself continue, "...I think I can break us in." I said determined. We were gonna get to those files tonight, if it's the last thing I do.

Hello! Here's another chapter. Techno had a childhood connection to George if you haven't already figured that out. :p

Thank you all so much for all the support!! We have reached 80 reads and we ranked #38 in code!!! Thanks for all the huge support with the story, hope you guys are enjoying it.

I will probably post another chapter later, maybe even a second chapter after that if I have time. See you all later! :)