Chapter 20: Seperate Ways

"Dad?" George breathed out.

I heard the door slam shut behind us. I looked back to see who closed the door. A boy with braided, pink hair and a VILE uniform stood with his hand on the doorknob. But that wasn't all. Tommy and Tubbo sat in the corner tied up and gagged.

Shit.

George audibly gasped and nearly fell into my arms.

"Y-you're supposed to be dead!" His voice cracked at his comment. He faced the boy with oddly colored hair.

"Oh Techno's not dead George." his dad spoke up. Or at least that's who he assumed he was after what George said. "He's too valuable to lose in a small arena fight."

"What are you doing here? What did you do to my friends?" George turned to his dad.

"Oh, I didn't do anything." He stared at his son. "I assure you I have lots of control, but I haven't been able to catch your pesky friends for a while."

I focused on the man's voice a bit more and thought for a second.

"W-wait... you're not..." I was curious, "head of VILE? Are you?"

At that very moment a wicked smile grew on his face.

Oh my god.

"Seriously what the fuck do you want from me? Haven't I suffered enough?" George asked again.

"Didn't your mother ever tell you."

"Tell me what dad? That you left her alone for years doing who knows what. That you just loved to see me in pain. You wanted me dead after Bad's and Skeppy's death when I escaped." He spit.

"I never left her."

"You left her for whatever work you did! You never visited or thought of her once. You never visited me all those years that I was in the same facility as you! Even when I visited home on those small breaks you never came! She told me that much."

"But did she ever tell you why you were taken. Why you endured all that training. Why were you tested on day and night."

I was confused.

Training? Tested on?

His father continued. He seemed almost amused by the interaction with his son. "Did she ever tell you why VILE targeted you all these years and used you for experimentation?"

Experimentation?!

I looked at George with wide eyes. It all came together now.

Was all this true? Was George a part of VILE?

"No, no she didn't. Care to tell me why I was tortured all those years dad. Why I was forced to kill my best friend. I thought he was dead. Until now." George looked at his dad. "Fucking tell me why I was taken, why me!"

The father was calm despite his son's rising anger. "You were a part of a crucial experiment to bring peace to this world. The world at which humanity destroys slowly. Humanity's flaws have brought destruction to this planet for far too long."

"Our scientists for the past twenty years have used young lives for experimentation in hopes to find and eliminate human nature's flaws. These young lives will be the future of this planet, and we wish for nothing more than a flawless world. One without destruction. One that is stable and healthy."

"My son, you were a part of this experiment. You were to be flawless." His dad started to frown. "But you failed 404. The minute you left those labs and revolted, you became a failed experiment."