Chapter 19: Lost Predecessor

(Just a little note that the night before was when Dream gave George the rose and this is all occurring weeks later when he's fully recovered. So I just skipped a bit because I became a little impatient writing the story and cut out the filler chapters.)

Everyone stood excitedly in the training room grabbing what weapons and tools they could. We were practically bouncing up and down, full of energy from our hours of sleep during the day and several cups of coffee.

Unlike the many times George had trained in the room, it was bustling with eager boys. The most energized being the youngest of the group.

Tommy and Tubbo were the first one to equip their protective vests and weapons. Tubbo held his black pistol in his right hand before placing it in his holster. However, Tommy was hesitant to put away his weapon.

Tommy swung his long knife through the air, imitating the swish of his blade with every swing.

"I'm gonna go stab some-." Tommy's blade was a bit too close to Tubbo.

"Watch where you're swinging that thing." Tubbo interrupted. He laughed it off, clearly a bit annoyed but still enjoying the moment.

George had finally reached the stash of weapons and saw that lots were already taken. All but his holster and blades sat with a couple throwing poppers used for distraction sat there.

I grunted before grabbing my holster and pulling it over me so it eventually slid down to my waist. I started to adjust the straps when Dream started to speak.

"So I know you're all very anxious and ready for today's mission." He started. "But there's some things we need to go over..."

Dream motioned his hand to the table where a large map lay. He placed his index finger over a spot on the map. "This is the spot where Wilbur will hack into the new sensors remotely."

He moved his finger across the map as he spoke. "We all enter when he's done and split into two teams." He lifted his arm so he pointed at Fundy.

"Team A will be Fundy, Tommy, Tubbo, George and I. Gotta make sure Tommy doesn't get into trouble this time."

"Hey!" Tommy replied quickly.

Dream ignored Tommy and continued with the next group. "Team B will be Karl, Quackity, Wilbur, Phil, and Sapnap will lead."

"Yes!" Sapnap exclaimed in delight.

"Each team has an objective. Team B will plan on sneaking towards VILE's central weaponry and defense offices to learn anything they can on VILE's next plans attack. Anything that can help prevent the spread of VILE's tyranny outside the city."

Dream's finger glided across the map. "Team A will make their way to communications to learn more about VILE's next move. Second, they will advance towards the offices..." he paused before looking up at everyone, "to take out a dangerous target."

Everyone wondered the same thing, but Tubbo was the one to speak up. "Who?"

"Oh well a little birdy told me about a certain general that has some blood on his hands and is in command of the next fleet being sent out tomorrow morning." Dream smiled at me then directed his attention to the group again. "It'd be a shame if he wasn't there to lead them out to attack the next city."

Applause and cheers erupted in the room. But eventually it died down so Dream could finish.

"This mission will have to be a success. If we fail, lives could be at stake. Cities nearby have already fallen under control of VILE and have suffered for far too long." Dream's voice boomed and got progressively louder as each word left his mouth. His eyes glistened wildly and he carried a determined expression, George loved it.