Chapter 16: Fragmented Compassion

Tw: Gore

"Tommy?" He turned around to see Tommy sprinting towards him. The boy's eyes glistened with tears as made eye contact with me.

Oh no.

~

They ran as fast as they could through the dark hallways. Tommy led Dream back the way he came. They came across a long hallway with many doors. He looked to the end of the hallway. He heard loud sobs.

"-stay with me p-please." He heard Tubbo crying.

No...

I immediately started running to the end of the hallway. I didn't care about the unconscious guards on the floor. I didn't care that Tommy and Sapnap screamed my name and grabbed at my shirt. I dropped his weapon in doorway before bursting through the door.

No please no...

I stood 3 feet from Tubbo and George's lifeless body. I covered my mouth to muffle sobs that escaped him. A tear slipped down my cheek. Followed by many more. I bit my lip hard.

You can't let them see you cry. My mind warned me.

No, I told it back.

I was sick of having to hide everything. Having to hide my feelings. Having to put on a deceiving mask each day for my friends. My family...

I can't hold it in anymore.

I moved closer to George and fell to my knees. Tubbo promptly moved away giving him space.

"George..." I cried softly. "Please come back to me... please."

I wrapped my arms around the boy's blood soaked body and laid his head on my lap. He had a bullet wound in his left shoulder. He bled to death...

"P-phil is on his way o-okay." I said hopefully. Although I didn't believe myself. "H-he'll heal you up. A- and we'll go back to b-base and-" I stopped myself from saying anymore. It was useless.

I looked down at George's white glasses. Red fingerprints decorated the glossy white frame. I picked them up looking into the lenses. I thought of the happy moments I had with George. Saving him. Cuddling. Almost kissing. Falling in love. With him. I only cried harder at my own reflection looking back at me through the shaded glass.

"Why'd you leave me George? You promised!" I choked out loud sobs and clutched the blood soaked collar around his neck. "I need you! Please!"

My face fell to George's motionless chest. I continued to cry harder and soak his shirt even more.

"I'm here, I'm he-" I heard Phil come running in behind me with his medical kit in hand.

It was too late.

"No." He breathed. "Dream-"

"Don't Dream me!" I snapped, quickly whipping my head around to look at him. "He's dead Phil. He's dead! Because of me!" He looked back to Phil. His face was serious and determined.

"Let me save him... please."

Dream looked at the lifeless body.

There's no way...

"Okay." I calmed down and backed out of the room slowly.

Sorry for the short chapter guys! I will probably release another chapter later tonight. Gotta get ready for 5 hours of tennis tomorrow so not too late lol. Hope your all enjoying the story so far, sorry for the little scare. Had a friend help with the cover pic for this chapter,  ty yk who you are :)

Thank you all so much for the reads and votes, I really didn't think the story would get this much support. Thank you! See you all later!