Chapter 38: Compensation

"Thank you Ranboo." I thanked the boy one last time, holding one of the crates of explosives.

"It's no problem at all. I actually like getting to leave there every once in a while. It's nice." Ranboo replied.

I smiled and turned to walk but was stopped.

"Wait!" Ranboo called out. "Look I... I wanna help more. So here." I turned back to him again and watched as he placed a small device the shape of a cylinder on top of the wooden crate in my arms.

"This is a communications device. It radios for miles. So wherever you are, if you need help..."  Ranboo smiled and held his own device to his mouth, and pressed a small button on the top, "I'll be there." He finished, speaking into the communications device. I heard his staticky voice come through at the small speakers at the same time.

"Thanks Ranboo." I smiled even wider at the boy.

~

I watched Wilbur work on the explosives. He connected wire after wire, making sure they were rigged correctly and ready to explode on time.

I felt the cold breeze in my hair and on my exposed skin, certainly not as strong as the winds from the helicopter. Nonetheless, I still shivered where I stood on the rooftop.

"It's done." Wilbur said finally. I watched him slowly back away from his work that sat on the cold cement.

"How are we gonna get it inside?" Quackity asked.

"Like this." Wilbur bent down to get on his knees, throwing down his backpack in the process. He quickly ripped open the zippers and reached for the deadly explosives with no precaution. He proceeded to toss the bomb into his backpack.

"Watch it! Oh my gosh! Wilbur you can do that, that's dangerous." I warned the boy.

"It's ok, it's disarmed right now. It's not until we connect the timer with the generator that it will be active." Wilbur explained, slinging the bag over his shoulder harshly.

I winced at his actions. I didn't fully trust the explosives given to us from our alcoholic vendor.

"Let's hurry and blow this popsicle stack." Techno spoke from beside me.

"Agreed." Quackity added, his tone laced with a mixture of anxiety and excitedness.

~

We finally reached the large rooftop that covered the central power chamber.

"Ok we're here. Now what?" Sapnap asked.

"We gotta get in. But no matter what, we can't be seen." Techno answered.

"How are we gonna do that?" Quackity questioned Techno's plans.

"I don't really know. You guys are the experts at sneaking in, you tell me." He replied.

"I thought you said you had a plan." Karl said.

"I do, I honestly just thought you guys had some experience being stealthy when breaking into places like this." Techno responded.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but most of the time we just fight our way in." Sapnap spoke again.

Techno looked to be in deep concentration. "So what are we gonna do now? We can't fight our way in, we need to sneak in to have enough time to break out the prisoners."

Everyone sat in silence thinking of different possibilities but quickly erased the scenarios from their minds after seeing how terribly they played out.

"What if we break in through the sky roof again and sneak in again? We could make it to the generator and make a run for it after." Karl spoke.

"Too loud, trying to break in through the roof will alert security. We need something less noticeable." Techno explained.