Chapter 31: Brothers

I slipped my hand into George's ages ago, we followed Sapnap and the rest of the group down the hallway. I could hear gunshots come from the front of the group.

"Get on the wall!" Karl yelled out through the sound of increasing gunshots. I immediately pulled George to the wall and watched as flicks of light flew in the air in the same spot I once stood. I could hear more footsteps nearing the hallway we were in, loud ones. They didn't sound human.

"Sapnap we gotta get outta here, bots are coming. Tell 'em to turn around!" I yelled over the loud gunfire at the boy with the white bandana. He turned to look at me, but I never saw a nod of agreement.

"What do you mean! We can't just run away, they'll just follow us! We gotta fight!" He yelled back. Sapnap turned and ran towards Karl. I saw him say something in Karl's ear. The blonde smiled at what he'd been told and pushed Sapnap in the direction of the bots. Sapnap snickered and ran towards the hallway, directly to the loud clattering of metal.

"What is he doing?!" George yelled out next to me, considerably as confused as I was.

I watched as Sapnap leaned against the wall and peeked into the hallway before reaching to his waist for something. I heard a distant click coming from Sapnap's direction. He held something in his hand before quickly chucking whatever was in his hand down the hallway.

Sapnap was visibly laughing as he ran over to us. "Cover your ears!"

We all listened and watched as a small explosion came from the direction of the bots.

Sapnap bombed them, genius.

He stood in front of everyone and bowed dramatically. "You're welcome. Now we can get through easy peasy."

I looked over at George, the brunette only rolled his eyes at Sapnap's remark.

—————————————————————-

The more I dragged my weak and tired body around VILE's headquarters, the more I regretted my decision.

"How much time we got?" Dream asked beside me.

"Not much. We got only two hours till sunrise and we gotta give ourselves leeway time to get out of here." Wilbur checked his watch.

Dream sighed, "How are we gonna do this? We need to reach subject containment to get Techno and find out how to shut down the lab's power all within an hour. And we don't even know where the guy is."

"Relax, all we gotta do is find Techno and shut down the power temporarily. It isn't that much." Wilbur attempted to calm Dream.

"No, we still don't know where Techno is? How are we supposed to find him out of the what, thousands of people being held here?" Dream argued.

Wilbur stood in the same position clearly taking in what was said. "What if we hack into the system and find where he's being held?"

Dream looked to hesitate and think for a moment before responding. "That... could actually work." Dream replied, sounding a bit surprised. "But what are we gonna do about shutting down the main power systems. Those have some complex wiring and we can't slip up."

Wilbur through about this for a second. He was right. If one mistake was made, one mistakenly cut wire would ruin the whole mission. VILE would win. We couldn't let them plant the microchips.

"What if George hacked into the data files, and I shut down the power." Wilbur suggested. "I hate to say it, but... we need to split up."

"No. No way. You remember what happened the last couple times we did that. It didn't end well. We can't." Dream responded immediately.

"Dream, we can't. We don't have enough time. We'll never stop them if we don't." I moved my hand to his shoulder. "And we can't leave Techno."

"But-"

"No! We can't leave another person behind. We lost so much, I'm not ready to have VILE take something else from me." I interrupted Dream.

The expression on his face turned from something unreadable to a defeated look. He sighed deeply and groaned in annoyance. "Fine. Wilbur," Dream faced Wilbur, "your gonna take your group to the central control room. I'll take my group to find Techno. Plan to meet back at the entrance, bottom floor when we're done. Walkie us if there's any issues. Is that understood."

"Yes Dream," Wilbur said with a serious tone.

Dream's lips settled into a small smile. "Thank you Wilbur." Dream glanced around the group. "Before we go I wanted to just say that I am so thankful for all of you. I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have you guys. Tonight is the night we've been waiting for. We waited years to get back at VILE for messing with us, with the whole city. Now we finally have that chance." He paused for a second.

"I'm glad to have been by your side all these years. I'm so proud of all of you. Thank you for staying by my side and being my friends...no my family."

My eyes practically begged to let tears fall. I just stared at Dream. His green eyes looked a bit teary and his pink lips curved into the softest smile I've ever seen.

Not a word left our lips until Sapnap broke the silence. "No Dream, thank you. Without you, I don't know where we'd all be. We would probably be alone on the streets struggling to survive, or worse... dead." Tears fell from Sapnap's brown eyes. "This is the happiest I've been in my life and I've never been prouder to call someone like you my leader, and my best friend. My brother. We will always be with you, always." Sapnap lunged forward and wrapped his arms around Dream. I could hear quiet, muffled cries escape Sapnap's mouth as he shoved his face into Dream's chest.

The quick embrace ended and Sapnap backed away slowly, still facing Dream.

"Lead the way Dream." Sapnap raised his hand to his head and saluted Dream. I looked around to see more movement around me. Everyone had followed Sapnap and raised their hands to salute Dream. Dream's confused gaze landed on me, within a second I had my hand up as well. Everyone silently saluted Dream for a couple seconds before Dream spoke up.

"I love you all," Dream's voice cracked a bit. You could see tears now falling. I felt a small tear trickle down my own face. I had just now noticed the wetness on my cheeks. Standing here, with my family was all I needed. Moments like these were the best in my life. I never felt more alive.

Sorry guys for the short chapter, I'm gonna release another one right after this for you all. I hope your all liking the story so far, it's like I said earlier, coming to an end. But I will be writing more dnf fan fictions after this one as well, so make sure to stay tuned. :)

Thank you guys so much for all the support!! We've gotten to 1.37k!!! We also ranked #2 for code and #58 for dnf!!! Thank you all so, so much!! I never expected to be getting so many reads, voted and overall support for the story, thank you all so much. :))

I'll see you all soon!