Chapter 23: Antiseptic

Possible tw: needles, sharp metal tools

It was cold. Very cold.

George sat on the hard tile of his holding cell. They had given him what looked like a hospital gurney. But George still chose to sit on the floor, he had too many bad memories with things like that.

Because he was being held in the research labs, the temperature was lower to keep the germs at bay. But it also didn't help that he had been forced into a thin hospital gown. What he would do to have Dream's jacket again. To smell the comforting lavender and vanilla. To be able to sit in his warm embrace for hours on end. That's all he wanted.

But he would never get it. Never again. Not after what had happened. They wouldn't want him back. Forgiveness was something he could not hope for.

He was shaken from his thoughts by a blood curdling scream. The scream seemed to get louder and louder. He could hear thumping from outside his door. The deathening shouts started to fade away as fast as they came.

Is that gonna be me soon? Dragged down white hallways to my inescapable doom. It was bound to happen. He just didn't know it would happen so soon. Just as he learned he had something to live for... someone to live for.

George heard a knock on the door and watched the metal knob slowly turn. The door opened to reveal his menacing father and his best friend whom he'd thought to be dead... until now.

"Hello George." His father greeted him coldly.

"What do you want from me? Wouldn't it just be easier for you to kill me." I spit angrily. It would be easier to end his suffering after all.

"They never thought this would happen." He started. "You were the first one to reject the treatment."

"What treatment?" I asked.

"What, you thought it was just training that would make children like you comply. Our scientists have worked for years on end trying to find new technologies to aid in our mission to bring peace and perfection to this world." He explained.

"And you'll never get it. Not with me, or any of the kids you took. You think after years of torture they'd help you? That treatment is useless."

"Not willingly no. Perhaps a bit of force through the use of microchips is a good way to start." He smiled menacingly.

My eyes widened.

Is that what it was. Microchips?!

"Do I... do I have one?" I asked, my voice lower than ever.

"Unfortunately no. We've just begun the testing stage and it has proved successful. We will soon test how the chip reacts in it's host and go from there. Then we will start mass production and plan to plant a chip into every testing subject in our facilities."

I let out a shaky sigh. I was grateful for not having the chip inside me now, yet terrified of the near future.

"Don't worry 404. You won't be a failed experiment for much longer." He looked down at me before turning to walk out. Technoblade took a quick glance at me then turned and followed. The door closed with a small click and I retreated into my thoughts.

George couldn't believe it. They were going to control us. He'd eavesdropped plenty of times as a kid to know about their plans. He hadn't planned for them to produce them as fast as they did though.

A few minutes later two nurses knocked on the door. "Are you experiment 404?" One nurse asked looking down at a clipboard. Her voice was extremely monotone.

I wished they had just called me by my real name. "Yes." I responded.

"We have some work to do." she said with almost no emotion. I watched as she pulled in a cart with trays of medical equipment. Filled syringes and sharp metal tools littered the shiny trays. I knew them all too well.

I started to crawl back towards the wall as the other nurse closed the door. Horrible memories of my childhood filled my head again. Except this time I didn't have someone to comfort and hold me when they flashed through my mind. I would soon be reliving my traumatizing experiences.

Poor gogy. :( I probably won't be posting another chapter until tomorrow. We're gonna be seeing some interesting stuff soon. The story is slowly coming to an end, I would say we have about 10 or more chapters left. I hope your all enjoying it so far. :)

Thank you for all the support as always, I'll see you all tomorrow! :)