[45]

45| heat

KIM TAEHYUNG

"It's because you and I are true mates, Kim Taehyung."

"What?" I breathe out, head spinning and mind making me drown in hundreds of thoughts. I was so confused that I could hardly think or speak.

Jeongguk sighs and walks away from me to sit back on his chair. "You are my true mate", he says. I just stare at him, waiting for him to tell me this is a joke, which he knows it is.

"How am I supposed to believe that? You told me Yuju was bad for you, that she said you wouldn't act like an Alpha and she left you, that was also a lie", I say. Jeongguk scoffs softly and looks at me. "I never said she did. I was talking about my mate."

I didn't know what to say. I was stunned, so shocked and so confused. He stands up again and walks my way with a sigh. "I met you when I turned 18 years old. You weren't 18 yet but you felt the bound just as I did", Jeongguk says and grabs my hands, making me look down. "At first it was all fine but 5 days later it changed. You changed. You started criticizing everything I did and made my life a hell."

I look up with widening eyes. "I don't remember", I manage to get out and he smiles a little. "I know, let me finish the story, Tae." I nod softly.

"One day I caught you with Bogum in the park. You two acted as if you were mates and you didn't spare me a glance. I met Yuju that day. She said she was Bogum's mate and started crying. She told me she scared Bogum away with her ambitions and plans, I wanted to prove your words wrong, so I decided to help her with her plans. She needed the rose (from the library) so I accepted to become the new king. She was so close until I found out what's happening.

"She used a spell on you to make you act like a total bitch to me and made Bogum to take you away from me at the end", he snickers humorless. "She needed me on her side to do something horrible. All for power. So I rejected her, banned her from my p,ack, and forced her to leave."

Words left me alone this night. Too overwhelmed and shocked by the story Jeongguk tells me. Not sure if I should believe it or not.

"I-It's so hard to believe this w-when you don't remember", I said, looking up in his eyes. He raises his hand, cupping my cheek, and sighs. "I get that", he says.

I guess it is possible. From the moment I saw him I couldn't deny the attraction. Even though I hated him and his actions, I kept finding ways to forget about these things and see the good in him. And I did meet Bogum in a park.

"Is this the truth? Are you really my mate?" I ask him, not once removing my eyes from him. "Yes. And once we defeated Yuju you'll know it too" I nod softly, following my feelings and the following words leave my mouth. "O-okay. I believe you."

He smiles. "I'm glad", he grins, making me blush h little as he leans a bit closer and softly makes our lips collide. Hearing approval from "V" made me less anxious about my decision and soon I had wrapped my arm around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist.

"We should sleep. If you need a plan to get rid of Yuju you need enough energy", I mumble as he lets go of my lips. He smirks, Wee worked on it all day and found a way quite quickly." I smile, "really?" He nods as an answer. "We do have one problem. We probably need a magician or someone who knows magic just as good as Yuju does", Jeongguk sighs.

"Maybe I know someone", I say. "Who?" "When I was locked with Yerin at those hunters, she told me about a magical druid she was supposed to visit. Maybe I can ask Yerin if she can help?" I watch Jeongguk think and see he's not totally satisfied with the idea.