goodbye shawn 2

Alexa's Pov
"What is that?"

I look up and see Asher dressed and I look down with tears eyes.

"At Shawn's funeral the minister gave me this. Shawn gave me this." I say looking down at the letter.

"Oh do you want me to leave you alone for a bit?" he asks nervously.

I shake my head.

"Stay please." I say and he sits beside me.

I show him the letter and he reads it before kissing the top of my head. I look inside the box and see another box inside. I take it out and prop it onto my lap and take off the ribbon and then the lid. I look inside and see photos of me and Shawn.

Asher looks at me with sad eyes and interlocks our fingers as I take out one of the photos.

It's a photo of me, Shawn and Spencer on the swings. I look at it and smile at our 8 year old selves.

I turn it over and see his writing on the back.

The day I met the love of my life

I let a tear fall and Asher wipes it away with his thumb.

I smile at him with sad eyes and he smiles back.

We spend the next half an hour going through all the photos when I come to the last two.

I pick one up and it's a photo of Spencer and Shawn at 16 a couple days before Shawn became a gang member. I turn it over and read the writing on the back.

I'm sorry for us drifting apart Spencer. Trust me I miss my best friend. Take care of yourself brother.

I shake my head sadly and I place it next to me before I get the last one.

It's a photo of me and Shawn in the hospital. He's in the hospital bed with me laying next to him. The hospital ward took a photo of us cuddling in our sleep and gave it to us the next day when we woke up.

You missed prom to make sure I didn't die on you. You slept in the hospital all week by my side. That was the moment I realised I was capable of loving someone. Thank you for showing me what love is.

I read it before placing all the photos in the box. I'm about to put the box back into the bigger box when I notice some paper folded and a small square box in the bottom. I look at Asher and I pull it out. I unfold it and open it up. It's his will.

I take a deep breath in and I feel Asher press a kiss on my cheek and squeezing my hand tighter. I look at him and squeeze it back before I read it.

I don't really know what to write in a will since I've not got any family left. The only person I could give to anything to is Alexa Marshall. There's nothing I have that I would want to give her apart from one thing. She doesn't have to take it if she doesn't want to but I want her to know that she is welcome to get it from my mom when she turns 20.

I look up from the paper confused before looking back down at it.

I want her to have full custody and adoption of my daughter Maya Scott.

After I read that I drop the will out of my hand and I start crying. I feel Asher pull me into him and hold me tightly. I can't stop crying and Asher starts kissing the back of my neck to calm me down.

"He wants me to have Maya." I say pulling away with tears running down my cheeks.

"He does?" Asher asks.

"Yes. He said when I turn 20 I can have full custody of her." I sniffle back tears wiping my ears.

"Are you going to sign them." he asks.

I nod.

"You'll make and amazing mom to Maya, Lex." he says kissing my head.

I smile at him before I continue reading the will.

There is also one more thing that I want to give to Alexa Marshall and that is a small blue velvet box. I was going to give you this when we turned 20 but I messed things up and I couldn't give it to you anymore.
So Alexa can have it.

I finish reading the will and look back into the box. I pick up the small velvet blue box and hold it in my hands.

I look at Asher who is still holding my hand and I open it.

The most beautiful ring I've ever seen is inside.

Tears fall from my eyes as I look at the ring.

"H-he was g-"I stutter in shock.

"He was gonna propose to you." Asher finishes.

I nod through the tears.

"Put it on." Asher says.

"Why?" I ask tears falling from my eyes.

"Because Shawn wants you to see how much he loves you by giving you the engagement ring he was going to give you when you both turned 20." Asher says.

I nod and slowly take the ring out of the box and slowly slide it onto my finger.

"It looks beautiful on you

"It looks beautiful on you." Asher says kissing my cheek again.

I smile at him before hugging him again. I silently cry into his shirt and we fall asleep in each other's arms.