sober up

Alexa's Pov
After I've calmed Asher down I bring him to the car and we drive off. Halfway through the drive he says to pull over. I quickly do so and he jumps out the car and throws up. I get out of the car and am about to go help him when he says.

"No Alexa don't help me."

"Why not?" I ask.

"I don't want you to see me like this." he says.

"Like what?" I ask.

"Like a mess." he says.

"Your not a mess, not to me." I say helping him back into the car.

We finally get to my house 15 minutes later only pulling over one more time for Asher to throw up. We walk inside and I help Asher come into the house. I help him up the stairs and into one of the spare bedrooms. I sit him down on the bed.

"Wait here." I say walking out of the room.

I soon return with a hoodie and shorts and a bottle of water.

"What this for?" he asks.

"Well these are you clothes that your gonna get changed in and here's a water bottle to sober you up." I say handing them to him.

"How did you get my clothes?" he asks.

"Well you gave me this jumper the first night I stayed at your house and I took these shorts because they're comfy. Now get changed I'll just make a phone call.

I go downstairs and call Asher's Dad telling him that Asher was staying the night at the house.

I go back upstairs and Asher is in the shorts and is about to put the hoodie over his shirtless torso. His homecoming clothes were discarded on the floor in a pile. I bend down and pick them up and start to fold them and place them on the dresser near the bed. Asher slips the hoodie over his head and puts it on and sits on the end of the bed. I sit besides him and pass him the water bottle. He doesn't even try to drink it so I open the bottle and put it up to his mouth. He opens it and I tip the water backwards. He swallows it and looks at me with sad eyes.

"Why are you helping me?" Asher asks.

"What do you mean?"

"After what I just did to you and everyone. I practically said you cheated on Jordan with me. Even after that your still helping me, why?" he asks.

"Because I know what it's like to hit rock bottom Ash, I'm not letting you do the same thing." I say placing my hand on top of his.

"Thank you Lex." he says his eyes dropping.

"I care about you Ash it's the least I can do." I say.

I get up off the end of the bed and Asher shuffles backwards along it so he's lying down. I pull the duvet over him and he turns over to look up at me. I turn the light off next to the bed and turn to walk out of the door.

"Wait. Stay with me, please. I don't want to be alone." he says his voice cracking a little.

"I'll be back I'll just get changed." I say rubbing his back before I walk out of the door.

I go to my room and come back into the bedroom. Asher is facing the other way so I don't know if he's asleep. I walk round to the other end of the bed and I lay down beside him, facing away from him. I feel an arm from under the duvet come around and wrap itself round my waist and pull my backwards. Asher is hugging me from behind under the covers.

"I'm sorry Lexi. I'm really sorry." he whispers before kissing my cheek.

I turn around so I'm face to face with him.