game day

Alexa's Pov
It's Friday night and we're playing our first game after homecoming tonight. I walk into the locker room with Asher, Jordan, Spencer and JJ and we talk about the plays. The whole team walk in and we start talking when Coach walks in with a random woman by his side.

"Alexa this woman says she's looking for you." Coach says.

I look at Asher confused before I walk through the players and to Coach. The woman walks into the hallway and I follow her.

"Hi you probably don't know me but I'm Jennifer Glaston. I'm a friend of your Dad's." she says putting a hand out.

I shake it politely.

"How do you know my Dad?" I ask.

"I'm his secretary." she says and I nod.

"Okay so what did you want to talk about. I kind of have a game that I need to play right now?" I ask politely.

"Oh yes well I don't really like to be the one to tell you this but your Dad came with his family to relocate to the new branch we are forming on the other side of the world and there were some complications." she says.

"What do you mean complications?" I ask.

"He was on a plane with his family and there was some turbulence and well. The plane crashed." she says.

"God is her okay?" I ask suddenly worried though I shouldn't be worried about him.

"I'm sorry but he passed away two days ago and so did his family." she says.

"Okay. Well if you don't mind I have a game to get to." I say walking off and a tear drips from my eye. I wipe it away.

Why am I crying over the guy that left us for another woman and family. I shouldn't be sad but for some reason I feel empty.

I enter the locker room and everyone looks at the door as it opens.

"You good Lexi." Coach asks.

"Yep continue." I say standing by the door.

Coach starts giving a pep talk but I drift off thinking about when I was younger and it was just me, mom and dad with no complications in our lives.

The next thing I know everyone is cheering and we walk out onto the field.

We walk out and get into our positions. We start playing the match but I just can't play whatsoever, I keep fucking up almost every ball. I'm on the verge of breaking down in the middle of the field.

The game goes on and we play 3 quarters when Coach calls us off the field for a time out.

I get out of my position and start to walk over the rest of the team but Asher drags me away from everyone.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

I look up at him and look down sadly.

"He's dead." I say.

"Who?" he asks.

"My Dad. That woman was his secretary. She said him and his family died on the way to where they were moving to." I say my voice breaking in certain areas.

"Aw Lex." Asher mumbles pulling me into a hug.

"Why am I crying over this. I should hate him." I say.

"You don't hate him Lex. Even though he's caused you so much pain and hurt you couldn't hate him because he was your Dad once." Asher says.

I look up at him.