moving back home

Asher's Pov
We're evolving everyday so the answer could change in an instant. But this one, it wouldn't change in a lifetime. He brought me back. He filled in the missing pieces of my life and he was the person who made me who I am today.

My greatest influence Asher Adams.

The perfectly imperfect Asher Adams. The boy who saved my life multiple times without even knowing he did. He showed me that anyone can have a bad past or a bad life but that doesn't define you as a person. I may not be perfect and that's okay because nobody is.

He may have made mistakes and messed things up for himself but he has always found his way back and manages to better himself every time and that's why Asher Adams is my greatest influencer.

The words keep going around me head again and again.

My greatest influence Asher Adams.

I look at her with tears falling from my eyes and I see hers are the same.

"You wrote about me?" I ask.

Alexa's Pov
"You wrote about me?" Asher asks.

I nod. "Yeah I did." I say my voice cracking a little.

"W-why me?" he asks his voice cracking as well.

"Because everything I said was true Asher. It's you who is my greatest influence." I say quietly.

The air goes silent and all I can hear is his shaky breathing.

"My Dad called today." he says.

"What did he say?" I ask.

"He wants me to move back in." Asher says and I smile with a tear running down my face.

A week ago
I drive to the Adams house after school leaving Asher at home and I knock on the door. Asher's Dad answers it.

"Oh hey Alexa I wasn't expecting to see you here." he says awkwardly.

"Can I come in?" I ask and he opens the door wider letting me walk inside.

We sit down on the couch and I turn to him.

"Why did you kick Asher out?" I ask straight up.

He breathes in slowly before he speaks out.

"When you left.. I guess Asher didn't have someone to help him control his emotions as much around the house and he started to get mad at everything and I don't blame him. I can't control my anger most of the time and since you moved out we deflected it on each other most of the time." he says to me.

I nod and continue to listen.

"I kicked him out, not because I don't want him around here because he got kicked off the team but because I can't handle seeing him mess up his life. I feel like I'll let him down like his mom has done." he finishes.

"With all due respect I get where you're coming from but by kicking him out of your home he now believes your love is conditional and you only care for him when it's about football." I say.