combine

Alexa's Pov
Today is the day of the combine and I wake up early. I see Asher with his arm wrapped around my waist and I poke his cheek waking him up.

"What is it Lex?" he asks giving me a hug as he rolls over.

"Today's the day of the combine and we've got to go." I say.

"Why what time is it?" he asks.

"At 10 and its 8.45." I say.

"Okay well then get ready." he says.

"You too you got an invitation." I say.

"I know but since I'm off the team I assumed I'm not doing it." he says sadly.

"Can you at least show up for me then?" I ask.

"Sure I will." he says.

We go downstairs and I eat a granola bar and Asher eats cereal. I run outside into the car whilst Asher gets changed.

The time is 9.45 and Asher just runs out of the house and gets in the car. We drive off and get to the school. I turn up to practice and see Coach with Spencer, Jordan and another man.

"Alexa!" he calls to me and I leave Asher at the bleachers and run over.

"Hey Coach." I say.

"I'd like to introduce to you my friend Damon King, we go way back." Coach says.

"Nice to meet you sir I'm Jordan Baker." he says shaking Damon's hand.

"I'm Spencer James." Spencer says shaking his hand.

"I'm Alexa Marshall." I say shaking his hand after Spencer.

"Ahh yes that's how I recognise that name. First girl to play in this league." he says.

"I am?" I ask Coach.

"Yes and Damon here said you have much more potential than most." Coach says.

"Thank you I appreciate it." I say to Damon.

"No worries I say it how I see it." he says smiling at us.

"Get back to practice." Coach says sending us back.

After practice I walk into the school leaving Asher at the bleachers.

I walk up to Olivia.

"Hey Liv how's it going?" I ask.

"Great do you know where Asher is?" she asks.

"Yeah he's with me that's why I came here. Is he apart of the combine?" I ask.

"Yeah but he hasn't RSVP'd." Olivia says.

"Well here is his RSVP." I say pointing to myself.

She laughs.

"So do you have mine and Asher's jerseys by any chance?" I ask just as she passes me them both.

"Thanks can you cover for me?" I ask her.

"Yeah I'll tell my Dad that your doing something real quick." she says.

"Thanks Liv I owe you." I say hugging her and running off.

"Asher!" I shout to him in the bleachers and I run over to him. He comes down and onto the field meeting me halfway.

"Lex you okay what is it?" he asks worried.

"Take your shirt off." I tell him.

"What why?" he asks taking his shirt off slowly as he is confused.