Demus

So I need to work and practise on my depressing scenes, what better way to practise that with a depressing Janus and Remus piece. The picture above is the photo that I will be basing this on and it helped with inspiration.

Hope you enjoy it ☺️

TW: Injuries(Up to interpratation on cause), Use of trait instead of name, Mentions/thoughts of Ducking out permanently.

Janus POV

He's left us for good.

He's never coming back.

While we are left to be forgotten in the darkness.

Remus pov

"Jannie," I force myself to say, knocking on his door with my bruised knuckles and cut arm. "Jannie."

"Remus, leave me alone."

"I'd know that lie anywhere." I say, head on his bedroom door, now slowly fading into a dark grey. "Dee. I know it's unlike me but I'm only trying to help. No puns or stupidity included. Please? Let me in."

Janus POV

I am his role model. I'm the only person he looks up to, I'm the only person he has, so I'm also the person who needs to be strong for him, to seem immune to pain and hurt inflicted by the so called friends which surround us. I'm meant to be the one who shouldn't shed a single tear, I'm meant to be the one who is brave enough to continue doing what I do no matter the circumstances. I'm not meant to be able to get hurt! I'm not meant to be broken by something as petty as this!

I'm the deceiving side! I'm the one who lies and makes other people hurt because of my actions by looking out for Thomas!

I'm meant to be immune to pain!

Remus pov

"Jannie, I'm right here. Just let me in." I say, trying to act okay but only for him. If I were alone right now and not trying to reach out to make sure Janus is safe, I'd be in the middle of a mental breakdown, wrecking my room in anger. "Jannie, please. I'm worried."

"Go away."

"You don't want that do you?"

"I don't know!"

"Jannie, let me in." I demand, beginning to get annoyed.

Janus POV

"Remus. I'm fine." I lie, knowing damn well he can see through my lies. "I'm the truthful side so why would I be hurt by Anxiety's actions?" I am so hurt, he was my best friend, it was always me, him and Remus together, talking about how we were gonna take over the world, the universe would be ours and we'd be the rulers over everything you could see. We would dream through the night of a place, we could call out home. Somewhere we could call ours, somewhere we were accepted and not rejected. Somewhere in the world, we believed, that place would be waiting for us. Our home would welcome our arrival, we would've been missed for years. A place we fought for, the reason we struggled to survive the next day.

That was the reason we had lasted this long without ducking out permanently.

Remus pov

"Dee, I will get my Morningstar and barge in, and you know I will." I yell, summoning the weapon into my hands, prepared to force my way in.

"Fine. If you really don't insist."

"Finally!"

Janus POV.

I'll hide my face, simple as that, how, I have no idea. Sighing to myself I stand, wiping my stinging eyes with my sleeves, feeling the silk of my clothes grow damp with every rub. Forcefully, I march to the door, opening it a crack but Remus storms in as soon as I unlocked it. He has his morningstar in his hands, sleeves covering his arms, sprinting in, making a racket.

"Could you be any quieter?" I hiss, looking over at him as he spins around, laying his eyes on the broken wreck before him. I adjust my suit, straightening my back, noticing his disheveled hair.

"Janus! About time."

"What do you not want?" I demand, seeming annoyed, masking my croaking throat.

"I didn't know snakes could cry." Excuse me? I look away from him, eyes landing on the story I had been reading through, We made when we were like 5 or 6 years old. We all wrote about joining the light sides, we saw them as these magnificent people who'd do anything to help Thomas but in reality, we grew older to know the truth, they just want to be acknowledged and they want Thomas to be a certain way.

"They do." I hiss. In actual fact, I'm not sure if they're meant to be able to show any sort of emotion other than anger. "Anything else?"

"Jannie-" My throat tries to cough up some more tears but instead I choke on them, almost showing it on the outside. "You don't have to lock yourself in here. You never know maybe he'll come back, realising the Dark Side are better than the Light Sides!"

This makes me snap. Those words make my anger soar.

"DON'T YOU SEE?! HE'S NOT COMING BACK!!!"

My eyes explode, breaking down in front of my only friend I have now, finding myself dreading the future so much to the point I don't want to wake up to face it. What's the point if everyone you love leaves and backstabs you and all your hopes and dreams? Remus will be next, to be with Roman more and then I'll be forgotten. All alone!!! He looks mortified, seeing tears streaming down my cheeks, tongue hissing with the chokes of my words as I repeat, "He's never coming to people like us! He'll never ever come back, he's ashamed of us, don't you see or are you blind as well?!" I'm not allowing myself to lie at a time like this! I'm fighting off the urge this time! Maybe that's why he left, I couldn't stop lying all the time.

"Janus, it's okay, you have me, and you'll always have me."

"LIES!!!"

"No," He states simply. "I'm never leaving our home."

"H-Home?" I whisper to him with wide eyes in shock. "You called this place our home. We promised we would never call anywhere our home unless we had found it and we were certain it was ours."

"Well," He shrugs his shoulders at me. That's not an answer! "Maybe we were blind to it the entire time. We have each other, Dee! And that's all we'll ever need." What is he talking about, I don't understand.

All of a sudden, he lunges forward, throwing his arms around me, pulling me into a tight embrace. What is he doing?! Why is he hugging me at a time like this?! I-I

"I heard Patton mutter this to Logan the other day. 'Sometimes a home isn't a place, it's a person'." He says to me, tightening his grip on me around my neck, warming me up in a weird way. Remus doesn't hug people. So what is he doing? Why is he doing this?! "You're my home. We don't need Anxiety. We have each other. We'll stay here until we're needed. We'll isolate ourselves. We'll keep to ourselves." Another waterfall overtakes my face, making me shake, closing my eyes to choke on my words to say,

"I still don't understand!" I yell! "Why would he just leave us?! Why?!"

"Dee, it's okay."

"I'm here."

"And I'm staying."

Side not from Trashmanxsnekboi: I did get emotional while editing this.