Prinxiety

Inspired by an animatic that I cannot remember for the life of me.

TW: Self-deprecation, insecure Roman, Gender Stereotypes, Roman being compared to Remus.

Virgil bean x Prince Roman

Roman POV

I sigh, facing Virgil's door and behind it being the reason for his insecurities, anxiety and many more traits he has acquired, all in his bedroom. Never in a million years would I have ever expect myself to see what he has to deal with. Maybe this way I can help him deal with everything that his thoughts are processing and tell him like a nightmare. Hopefully, I am able to be of help. I grip my sword barrelling in and calling out, heroically, readying for some kind of monster to put up a fight however, the room is nothing but darkness. Pure darkness. Now, where is the switch for the lights? I turn around as the door is slam shut and I'm stuck! I'm trapped in the darkness of Virgil's room!

"Oh no." I sulk to myself. Admittedly, I'm not a fan of the dark. However, I shall endure it for Virgil. It's the least I could do after... everything. I turn around and start to walk in, it doesn't seem that bad. No huge monsters intimidating me, no furniture that could come to life any moment now, no dragon-witch waiting for me. No anything actually. Nothing but darkness. "Doesn't seem that bad." I mutter to myself, feeling brave and courageous.

"Oh really?" A voice in the darkness questions. I stop in my tracks, raising my sword up in defence ready to protect myself from an ogre. "You've got the wrong idea, Pal. What do you plan to do with that sword?'' I turn to my right, flinching as my legs become stuck in their place.

"I am Prince Roman-"

"I know all about you. Virgil speaks of you often. Now I see he's delirious in thinking you're heroic. You're nothing but a wannabe knight." The voice in the darkness mocks me and my cheeks glow red at the thought of my storm cloud talking about me.

"You-"

"Careful, You could hit someone if you're not careful. You don't want that, do you? You don't want to kill someone everyone would judge or fear you. Just like they do your brother."

"Do not speak of my brother!" I yell, but considering his words as I walk backwards slowly but gradually to escape his sight.

"You don't want to be a coward and run away do you? What will everyone think of you? The Great Prince Roman afraid of the darkness around him."

"My friends?"

"Yes, your so called friends. Do you really think they like an arrogant fake child?"

"I'm a man!"

"You're too insecure to be a man. You're too busy faking your bravery to be a man."

"I'm not insecure...I'm not! I will be brave and I will help Virgil!!!" My back hits the wall and I slide down to the floor, my legs give out beneath me.

"I am not insecure!"

"You're fighting me on the matter so it must be true."

"No!" I yell fear gripping at my throat and tears threatening to fall. I hear the door open and light seep in, the voice fading away.

"Roman?!" I hear Virgil call as he walks towards me, as he leans closer to me I see his hood is up over his head and his Purple headphones are around his neck.

Virgil's pov

Why is Roman in my room, and why is he crying with his sword in his shaking hands? I kneel beside him as he looks into my eyes with fear glistening in his. What did my room say to him?

"The voice tells lies." I force out. Lies I believe.

"How... How do you do it? How do you stay in here with that?" He questions as his voice quivers under the weight of his words.

"It's not that malicious, Ro."

"I-it is." He cries more. I've never seen the heroic side cry before. Not like this, He's never truly shown fear or sadness, or even hesitation. "It tells the truth."

"No, it doesn't." I reassure him, brushing my hand over his ever so gently. "Come on," I offer him my hand. "You can be in here any longer." he shakely takes my hand and as I help him up, he throws his arms around me tightly, making me stumble a little and blush a rose red and it just feels... Right. "Come on now." I say with a smirk as I feel my heart race increase. "Nothing to be afraid of."

"I've never admired you more."