Josh

I left early, Ellie told me I could leave and get any work done if I had to. I come home and find Ellie and Callie on the couch, lounging, and watching T.V. Ellie has her sharp outfit off and is wearing her gray striped romper, and smiles when I walk in. 

"Josh! Hey! How was work! What's behind your back?" she asks suspiciously

"Doughnuts" 

"What!?" Callie exclaims 

"Yum! Give them to us!" Ellie shouts 

"My my my you ladies are doing better now. You also seem hungry, here" I pass them the box, and they dig in. A few hours later Callie is going back to her home state of Rhone Island. She said she could not stay in California anymore. I get it.  Ellie is sad. Callie has been her friend for a while now, and Ellie feels guilty because she set them up on the first date. Ellie is sad. Callie told her something that has really bugged her. I work on dinner, we eat, watch random episodes of The Office, and then we head to bed. I leave Ellie to sleep and walk out of the room. I think I'm going to text Callie, she knows what's wrong, if anyone can help she can. 

Me: Callie!

Callie: Yello

Me: So umm what's up w/ Ellie? U said something? 

Callie:  ya. um, so it's not really something I wanna -share 2 u. Ellie is my bestie, and ur her *fancy voice* fiance. U love u and everything but yeah. 

Me: Got it. okay cool ttyl 

I put down the phone and sigh. I wanted to get something out of Callie, but alas. I walk into the bedroom and see Ellie passed out, her hair is messy around her face, she is snoring softly. Even in her sleep, she looks a bit troubled, tense, the last few days have been hard for her. I just want to make her hurt go away. I carefully get under the covers and drift off to sleep.