Josh

I walk in and Ellie and Becca are having the time of their lives. I hear Ellie whisper busted and they make eye contact and burst out laughing. About an hour later Becca leaves, I make dinner, and we eat. 

"So, are you feeling better?"I ask

"Goofing off with Becca helped," Ellie says, taking a bite of her salad. 

"Do you want to talk about it? Or do you want to level it in the dust?" I ask hesitantly looking at her face, for some facial cues 

"Don't want to bring it up, it sucked I feel better, Hellen is no longer anyone I care about," Ellie says stabbing her salad. I nod and get back to eating. Ellies phone chimes. 

"Shit" she mutters. 

"Hmm?"

"Callie."

"What did she say?"

"She wants to talk"

" You should."

"I can't" 

I give her a look, she continues

"Her fiance ruined my day. She is evil by association." 

"Is she?"

"Yeah, well maybe... I don't know."

"So do you want to talk to her tomorrow? We can do it here? So you're on your turf? Or so you can kick her out? Or it's calm? Or you don't make a scene?"

"Fine.  But I can kick her out whenever I want?"

"Sure"

"If  I want to kick her out... can you? I don't want to be mean."

"Ellie c'mon. Fine. I can kick her out for you. Only if you really need it"

"Fine, only if I need it"

"Do you wanna help put the salad in a container?" Ellie continues after I start putting the salad away.

"That would be great," I say as I give her a kiss on the top of her head. We pack up the rest of the food, put it in the fridge, and flop down on the couch. Ellie snuggles up on my chest, and I turn on the TV. Ellies face whites once she sees what's on the TV. We have been watching a lot of wedding shows and the other day we were watching The Bachelor (why I don't know), and the TV is on Say Yes to the Dress, and the bride just chose her dress. Ellie runs out of the room, tears on her face, I run after her.