Ellie

We drive to the dress hop and all we are doing is talking. 

"So you told Josh about your dad?" Becca asks looking at me through the review mirror.

" Yeah. I thought it was time." I lie. I never lie, I just... don't say everything

"Josh told me differently," Becca says looking at me. 

"So you know, so stop asking. You know I hate talking about it, Becca" I mumble looking out my window. 

"Okaayy" Becca says. "You know I just want you to be happ-"

"Becca, please. I just want to drop it. My father is the worst thing that has ever happened to me, Josh is the best. My dad was the last person ever really to touch me that way until the other day and Josh did. I freaked out. He asked me why I could not well do it, and I told him. That's all." I say frustrated. 

"I'm sorry Ellie. Josh just texted me and I haven't had the chance to ask you what happed, with Matt's birthday, then Jenn and Luke's birthday... yeah so sorry that we did not really talk about it" Becca says with a frown. 

"It's cool Becca. Your family comes first, and it always has." I'm telling the truth. She always has cared more about her family (or Matt)

"Thanks, Ellie. Your the best. You have always been my best friend and have supported me and these last few months I've been distant. I have my reasons, but today's not the time to tell, it's your day after all, but you've only been the best." Becca gives me a sad smile. After a few moments of awkwardness, I pipe up. 

"Are we almost to the dress shop?"

"Yeah, we are almost there, like 5 minutes. Look... if you promise to not go crazy, and like not tell anyone. Even Josh. And Matt." Becca says. 

"Yeah! Tell me! I won't tell anyone!" I say super excited, but a bit nervous. 

"Why am I so scared?" Becca asks, taking a deep breath. 

"You don't have to if you don't want to" I reassure her. 

"No...I want to." Becca takes a deep breath

"Okay." I smile at her. 

"Wow, um so this is gonna steal the spotlight from you but unnnnnmmm-"

"C'mon Becca!" I exclaim

"Well um no one knows yet but um well I'm pregnant" 

"Ahhh! Becca! OMG! Does Matt know? I bet not 'cuz you told me not to tell him! Ahhh!" I am so happy for them! Just then we pull up at the dress shop. 

"I can't believe it's time" I whisper. 

"I know. Come on let's go pick your dress!" Becca says, and with that, we walk inside