Ellie

I aggressively cut fruit, and style it on a board, I walk into the living room, make it look fancy, and I carry out the charcuterie and put it on the coffee table. I glance out the window. Hmmm, Callie is not here yet. I look at my phone and see that she is going to come by at 11, not 10:30. I head to the bathroom and touch up my makeup. I'm nervous. Do I want to yell at her and me mean? Do I want to be small, and have her see a victimized me? I sigh and walk out of the bathroom, and head out to the living room. I look out the window and see that Callie is here. 

"Hey Josh" I yell "Callie is here." 

She rings the doorbell, I take a deep breath and open the door.

"Callie! Welcome, it's nice to-" I pause when I see Callies face. Her face is stained with tears, her eyes are red and puffy, she looks like she did not sleep last night. 

"Callie, are you okay!" I exclaim I give her a hug, and she walks in softly. She sits down on the couch. 

"I'm so sorry!" She sobs

"Oh Callie, it's not your fault! You are my friend, you cared to show"

"She just swooped it and took your time... everyone looked at me like it was my fault."

"Is it?"

"No! Never Ellie, you are my closest friend."

"So, um on that note what are you gonna do with Hellen? Tell me you are gonna break up."

"Do you see a ring?" Callie says waving her hands in front of me 

"No... I take it that you broke up? Oh, and help yourself to the charcuterie" I add

"Oh! It looks yum! Ermm, actually can we talk? Like I know we are talking, but I want you to be serious. No jokes."

"Okay, what do you need? I can call Alice? She has a bunch of lawyer friends?" I start to grab my phone, Callie reaches on and puts her hand over my mine, which is over the phone. She looks into my eyes, I can see her searching, determining if she wants to share. I can see in her eyes that she needs to talk. I take a deep breath, straighten my skirt, fix my neckless.

"Okay. I'm ready, talk to me."

*Sorry this chapter is so short and mostly dialogue if you want to pitch story ideas to me! It can be for this book, or for another Josh+Ellie book, or a completely other books!*