Josh

A few months later we're in bed and Ellie is snuggling on my chest. I give her head a kiss. 

"Hey, Josh?" Ellie says her voice sleep filled with voice "Tomorrow I have my dress wearing. So just wanted to let you know." 

"What?" dress? I have a bad feeling about this.  

The next morning Ellie gets up early, and  I make her a sandwich. Becca comes and picks her up. 

"Hey Parker," Becca says. It has become her nickname for me. 

"Smith" I reply. 

"come on Becca! Let's go! I don't want to be late! Alice flew in all the way here from New York!" Ellie is talking about her younger sister Alice who moved to New York a while ago.

"Do you have everything? Strapless bra? Snacks?" Becca asks. 

"Yeah! I got everything! Bye Josh! We're gonna be home in a few hours, and I'll send you a text. Bye!" She gives me a kiss

"See you in a few hours Ellie! Love you!" I say with a kiss. 

"I Love you!" Ellie shouts from the edge of the driveway

"Bye Ellie! Love you!" I say back. 

 They get in the car and I watch them drive away. As she leaves I can't help but think something is going to go horribly wrong. 

"For your sake Ellie I hope nothing happens" I whisper. With a sigh, I get in my car and drive off to work. I get to work and smile when my friend and co-worker Leo asks how wedding planning. I smile and that smile turns into a frown. 

"Dress shopping" I reply and go to my office.  I sit down at my desk and do some work, I can't get much done though; I can't help but think something is wrong. I jump up when I hear the ping of my phone telling me I got a text. I read the message. 

My voice is quiet and calm but I am the exact opposite. 

"Shit Ellie. What happened." I run out of the building and sprint to my car. I need to help Ellie.