FOUR || New Friend and New Obstacles (⚠️)

Start from the beginning

Sakari felt slightly flustered from the compliment. "O-Oh, thanks!" she grinned once more. "Yours is, too."

Shisui thanked her, too, before getting his copy of the book out from underneath his desk. Sakari could hear Mrs. Nozomi tell them to turn to chapter one so they could continue reading the rest.

Sakari took notes, even though she had already heard about this part already. They had just gotten to chapter two when the bell rang, causing the students to get up.

"Remember to read the rest of the chapter and fill out the worksheet!" Mrs. Nozomi told them as she handed out the papers while they were leaving.

Sakari looked down at the paper given to her before putting it in her backpack. She was fixing to head to her next class, of which she shared with Jun and Leiko. Her and Leiko haven't talked much, but this might change today-

"Watch it, blonde streaks!" Leiko's voice could be heard after Sakari accidentally bumped into her.

"W-" she looked up and noticed the taller greenette glaring down at them. "I'm so sorry- I wasn't watching where I was going."

Leiko merely scoffed, a hand on her hips. "God, that apology is so pathetic. You always have your head in the clouds. Get out of those clouds and out of my way for the rest of the day."

She sneered at Sakari before walking off. Sakari was about to say that that wouldn't be possible since they both have a class together, but the door had already closed behind her. With a sough, she headed over to the same class.

--

It was now lunch time for the students and Sakari got some food on her tray. She sat with Jun and Haru, who were waiting for her. Shisui was there as well since he was wanting to interact with other students in the class.

"So how did classes go?" Haru wondered, taking a sip of her water.

"They went well." Sakari smiled in relief. "I had bumped into Leiko though on my way to math class."

"Oh...how'd that go?" Jun wondered. She looked a bit worried, fiddling with her hands.

"Not that well." Sakari recalled to them what happened. She could see Shisui frowning.

"Well, Leiko needs to be more friendly. I don't know what her problem is over you."

"I don't, either...I guess it's because all I did was bump into her." The blonde-streaked brunette soughed, eating some of the rice and vegetables she had gotten.

"Yeah. I hope she stops being rude." Shisui continued eating before thinking of something, swallowing their piece of food. "Hey, perhaps the four of us could go to that new cafe that opened up in the small city downtown?"

Sakari looked over, stopping mid-chew. "Cafe?"

"Yeah." the navy-haired teen grinned. "It's a new cafe that opened up and apparently it has good reviews. Especially on the boba tea."

"That sounds great!" Sakari grinned, tapping her fingers on her legs. "So are we probably going after school?"

"Yeah, if that's alright with you guys." Shisui wondered, taking a sip of their tea.

Sakari nodded, confirming that she was alright with it. She looked at Haru and Jun and they nodded as well. So it was a yes for the four. "Then it's settled! We go after school!" she grinned, pumping her fists into the air. Looks like she was in a better mood now.

The four finished up their food before going to the last classes for the day. Once those finished up, they made their way out of the school. Sakari got a notification on her phone and told the others that she'll be there soon.