TEN || Forgotten Friendships, Torn Hearts

CLASS LET OUT FOR THE DAY AND SAKARI was taking her usual walk back home. As they had hoped, today was better for sure. The class had finished up on the lesson about the Seishin sisters today, plus some info on their mother. Math class wasn't too hard for Sakari today and neither was her history nor science classes.

She did remind herself to tell Kiyo about the page she found, not aware that she might be able to use the front of the book like she did last week. Or was it two weeks ago? The teen forgot on the time span.

"Hey Sakari!"

Sakari turned to see Shisui, Jun, and Haru there. She smiled when seeing them and waved. "Hey!" The brown-haired teen was just about to make her way around the corner when she heard them. "What's up?"

"Well, we were wanting to see if you wanted to hang out with us later. Hopefully this time, things will go better." Haru smiled in the same manner as the 'hopefully' she voiced.

"Yeah." Sakari nodded. "Um, where are we hanging out at?"

"It's up to you, really." Haru shrugged. "We can hang out at each other's houses, perhaps."

"Mhm." Jun wore her usual smile, adjusting one of her hearing aids. "We can decide on that, p-probably."

Shisui nodded and thought for a moment. "We could hang out at my house, perhaps!" the navy-haired girl grinned, bouncing on his feet a bit. "We could catch up on stuff and probably watch some movies."

Sakari found her heart racing slightly, but she nodded in return. "Y-Yeah that sounds good!! Let's get heading there, then." she stopped short. "Actually, hold on." she opened the book of hers, which caused her friends to follow suit and look down at it. "I need to go and see Kiyo."

"Kiyo?" Jun looked over. "W-Who is that?"

"He's the protector that was assigned to me after the Kurorai attack...uh, dammit, I forgot how long it was. I know it was a week or so ago, probably." they found the page and showed it to their friends. "It's this one."

The three friends of hers had so many questions on whom Kiyo was, but when they saw the page, they tilted their heads. "That wasn't there before, was it?" Shisui was the one to speak up. "If I recall correctly, that doesn't show up in the books at the academy."

"It doesn't?" Sakari blinked. Well, that did explain a lot on why she had that weird feeling about the page.

"Yeah it doesn't, so it might be good to ask him for sure." Shisui voiced. "You're free to tell us on the protector stuff if you want, though."

"Alright. And I might inform you guys on what's happened so f—" the brown-haired teen was cut short when she heard tumbling from behind her, seeing what looked remarkably to be like Kiyo.

It looked like he had turned in his human form mid-tumble before landing on the sidewalk, face-first. Talk about a painful faceplant. 

"Crikey...I need 'ta get better with these rifts." Kiyo dusted himself off. "Perhaps ah can get Shisetsu an' her siblin' 'ta help me..." his voice trailed off when he saw Sakari, Shisui, Haru, and Jun. "Oh-! Hello there!"

Silence followed. And then, "Oh my god, is that a dog?!"

Kiyo's smile turned into a frown immediately. "...Oh, nae again!" he was about to turn back into his entity form to go back up the hill, but Sakari stuck out a hand.

"I don't think it would be wise to pet him. I've tried that and he got mad at me." Sakari wore a sheepish smile.

"Yeah, it's really awkward. But are these yer friends, lx?" Kiyo gestured to the blond, brunette, and navy-haired girls.