THIRTY || Breakthroughs

"HUNU? IS THAT YOU?"

Kōri's words broke through the brief silence that parted its way into the atmosphere. The breeze blew by the group, not being as cold as it was before.

"Y-Yeah it's me...what're you doing here?" he wondered, glancing over at the group and then back at the Hanoni. He did look happy to see him, though, albeit confused. "And who're they?"

"It's a long story. We'll let you know when you get back to the cave." the Hanoni turned and introduced the group to Hunu - Wind, Kiyo, Sakari. "But what I want to know is...what're you doing here?"

Hunu's lips pursed together and he gently took Kōri's hand off of his shoulder. "I came here to help out Primums who escaped."

"Escaped?" Sakari echoed, adjusting her earmuffs. "Wait..." they thought back to the arena. "Do you mean the arena?"

"Yes. One of them told me about it." Hunu spoke solemnly. "They managed to escape after the building's collapse, so I've been taking care of them. Don't worry, I do have a place away from here that I live at. It's one of the houses over there." he gestured to a row of houses a little ways away from the mountain.

Kōri looked relieved, his smile showing the same emotion. "That's great! I think Solaria will be able to take care of them, though."

"Solaria?" Hunu seemed a bit surprised by the name, but his reaction shifted to recognition. "Ah! He's the ruler. Yeah, I think they would. I've been taking care of these Primum for a few good months now but..."

"You feel like you might need to move on?"

Hunu turned and noticed Wind speak up. He furrowed his brows, looking a little confused at her blue hair. The hair...I think one of my moms told me about it. "Y-Yes. Ko introduced you as Wind, right?"

"Yes, that's my nickname. But my real name is..." she paused, feeling a bit hesitant. She was meeting her sibling for the first time after all. "Haizea Kigo."

"Kigo?" Hunu looked shocked, his mouth parting open. "T-That's my last name too. I think one of my moms told me about you!"

"Mhm. I share the same moms, so...you would be my sibling." Wind put on a soft smile.

Hunu's hues broadened and tears formed in his eyes. He surprised Wind by giving them a hug, of which she returned, tears running down her face.

"I-I can't believe that I have a big sister!" he grinned after pulling away, looking down at his sister. "My one mom told me that I would be able to meet you someday, but due to what happened, I-I just...forgot about it. But I'm so happy to meet you." he wiped some of his tears away. "You can use sibling or brother for me, by the way."

"Alright, brother." Wind smiled, wiping her own tears away. "Anyways, would you be alright to come with us to the cave? We can try and explain everything there."

"Y-Yeah of course. Plus, I wasn't planning to stay in the house for long, but I just wanted to be close to the Primum."

Wind nodded in understanding, using the ground part of her powers to create a nest. She whistled and the Primum - around seven of them in various colors - came rushing out of a small opening next to the clearing. They hopped into the nest, noticing Wind's hair shift from a blue to a dark brown, then to an orange when she heated up the bottom of it.

"There. This should keep them warm for right now. We should take them back to the cave with us."

The others agreed it was a good idea, glad that that had gone fairly well. Hunu said that he was up to explaining his situation when they return.