TWENTY-FIVE || Haunted Reveals (⚠️)

TW for injury mentions in Sai's POV story and blood in the Shiro scene.

_______________________

IT WAS A FEW DAYS AFTER THE DANCE. Saturday came by quickly and brought the sun up into the sky, spilling through the blinds in Sakari's room.

The alarm woke her up and she turned it off after getting up. The teen got ready for the day and was greeted by Aiwami, who was making breakfast.

She looked to be in better spirits, which brought a smile to the sixteen year-old's features. When her mother finished up and put the food on a plate, she waved to Sakari.

"Good morning, Sakari. How'd you sleep?"

"I slept pretty well." A yawn escaped her lips. She was about to say something about the dance, but forgot that they told Aiwami already how it went. Sakari looked around, noticing that their protector was nowhere to be seen. "Where's Kiyo?"

"He went off early to the cave to talk to the entities." Aiwami voiced, looking confused as she spoke. She had no idea what it was about and addressed that.

Sakari blinked in the same manner. If he left early like this to the cave, then it had to be important. They made a mental note to visit after breakfast, since they didn't have any homework to do today.

"I might go visit him after breakfast." Sakari voiced, not towards anyone in particular; it merely served as an audible note to themselves. 

Once breakfast was finished, Sakari did the usual stuff before saying their goodbyes to Aiwami. Aiwami smiled and waved as her daughter headed off.

However, right when Sakari was getting out, their mind reminded them of something. It took a moment or two for the gears to turn in their head on what it was. It was something from the dance that Shisui told them of. Something about Sai?

Ah shit, that's right!  Sakari slapped themselves on the forehead in annoyance. Sai wanted me to come over! Looks like I'll need to make a detour.

She swiveled around and  made her way to Haru's house, eventually finding it a few houses down. She knocked on the door, seeing a semi-tired Haru there. She was wearing what looked like a green jacket and purple stretch pants with lightning designs on them. The lightning bolts were black, grey and white respectively. 

The blonde brushed some of her unkempt hair away from her face. "M-Morning, Sakawee." the last part sounded like that due to her yawn. "Sorry, I just woke up a few minutes ago."

"It's fine!" Sakari understood that before shuffling her feet, fiddling their hands awkwardly. "Is now a bad time to visit?"

Haru blinked and rubbed at her green hues. "I don't think so. You can come in." she stepped aside, making sure to keep her balance in check. "I-Is this about my brother?"

"Yeah it is. Shisui mentioned something about me coming by a few days ago, but I forgot. Is he here right now?" Sakari voiced, their tone showing comprehension if he wasn't.

"Yeah he is! He's coming down soon." Haru voiced, using a hand to straighten out her hair and put it into a ponytail. 

Sakari heard wheels and looked over to see Sai coming around the corner. He went down the ramp, which was set so it would give him the least trouble down the stairs. Sakari assumed the stairs had been adjusted to help him out.

"Hey, sis. Hey Sakari." Sai waved to them. He was donned in a white shirt with a light purple jacket, finished off with denim jeans and red sneakers. "What's up?"

"I'm good." Haru voiced, another yawn escaping her lips. "I assume Sakari is, too."

She looked over at Sakari to indicate them speaking up next. It took Sakari a moment to register that and nodded. "Mhm. I did come here because of something Shisui said at the dance a couple days ago. But I forgot since I had other stuff, so it completely slipped my mind. Sorry."