FORTY-TWO || Grim Tidings

"A-ARE...YOU KIDDING ME?!"

Sakari lashed out, the grim look on their face giving away to the anger they were feeling. 

Aerial flinched at the reaction, but felt like this was going to happen. "Sakari..."

"Why didn't you guys tell me this earlier? ...Like sure, I would've understood it but...Aerial. This is big." Sakari felt tears forming in their hues, throwing their arms out to the sides. "Like...I'm only sixteen! Going on seventeen next year! I thought this was going to be just a long task for me to help you guys recruit the rest. I never thought that this would involve going to war on a planet that I was looking forward to seeing!"

"I understand, Sakari and you're right, I should have. I didn't want to dampen your mood when it came to you agreeing to help." Aerial's hues began to water as well. "You looked so happy and I knew the news would be devastating to you. And the last thing I wanted — what we wanted — was to make you feel this way."

Sakari didn't answer for a moment. The tears stung at her eyes and she breathed in sharply. Aerial was right. This was devastating. She had looked up to them this whole time and never had thought something this serious would be revealed.

"Well..." she looked up at Aerial, her fists clenched. "You guys should've realized that sooner. I'm sorry, but I quit! I can't do this anymore!"

She pivoted around and ran down the hill. 

"Sakari!" Aerial cried out, falling to her knees at the scene. Wind, Shinobu, Kiyo, Aoi, and Fira, and some of the others that were there came to comfort her. Tears fell down the entity's face and her golden wings bent downwards from her bereaved state. "Mbio kwa Solaria...what have I done?"

Kiyo soughed sadly, having witnessed Sakari's reaction. He stared off into the sunset before coming to a decision, looking at Aerial and the others. "I will be back. Let me and her mum try talkin' tae her."

"Kiyo, I don't think—" Miki went to say, but Kiyo was already gone. "...God, I hope this will go alright."

Fira squeezed her hand, to try and reassure her, herself, and the others. "I hope so, too."

──────────────────

Aiwami was finishing the stuff up for her work when she heard the door slam. By how loud the slam was, it was clear something went wrong. The dark-haired woman immediately stood up and ran out of her room. "Sakari?! Honey, what's─"

Her hues broadened at seeing Sakari run by, saying "Don't talk to me!", followed by their bedroom door closing behind them.

"Oh gosh..." Aiwami was worried, seeing Kiyo not too far behind. He had to stop himself from hitting right into the door when it closed. "...I take it things went downhill?"

"They unfortunately did, Aiwami." Kiyo voiced. His hair looked uneven and it was clear that he had been crying a bit from how his hues looked. "Aerial told Sakari th' truth."

Aiwami gasped lightly and nodded. "...I had a feeling Sakari would not react well, but not like this."

"Same here." Kiyo soughed, trying to pull himself together. He knocked on the door and waited for a moment or two.

"Go away!" Sakari's response could be heard, slightly muffled.

"Lassie, it's me. Yer mother and I just wanna talk tae you." Kiyo crossed his arms.