FIFTY || The Final One(s) + Only the Beginning

IT WAS NOW NEARING APRIL. THE GROUP WAS WORKING their hardest to find Beatrice, the last entity for them to find. 

The graduation ceremony had been held and Sakari, her human friends, and their parents were hanging out afterwards at Sakari's house. There was no representative in their classes, so Mrs. Nozomi had been the one to hand out their diplomas.

Anela, Leiko and Ha'lia's mom, sat with them while Sai and Haru were with their parents. Jun was with her moms. 

As Aiwami talked to Hana and Michiko, Sakari had her head resting on their girlfriend's shoulder. She was not only a bit tired from waking up early for the ceremony earlier today, but also because the stuff with the tasks was finally catching up.

"You alright, Sakari?" Shisui voiced, squeezing Sakari's hand.

"Hmm?" Sakari blinked and looked at him. "Oh, yeah, I am. Just tired." they looked over at their mom and their expression saddened a bit.

Shisui noticed and his face softened. "...Thinking about your dad, huh?"

"Yeah...I've been thinking about him off and on. Mom has been, too, and I hope he's alright. He hasn't sent any letters in a couple years." 

"I think he will be." he reassured them, seeing their brown hues lock on his blue. "We have to be hopeful, especially with what's coming soon."

Sakari nodded and gave Shisui a hug, prior to getting up. Aiwami had just finished with talking to Shisui's moms before facing Sakari.

"Hey, sweetie. You look like you're deep in thought. Something wrong?"

"...It's about Dad, but I think I'll be okay, Mom. Thanks." Sakari heartened their mom, prior to looking around. "Say, where's Kiyo?"

Kiyo could be heard coming down the stairs. "Sorry, lassie! Solaria had called me tae tend 'ta somethin' in Tigoris. But congratulations on graduatin'. I'm proud of you and th' others."

"It's alright and thanks!" Sakari gave him a hug and he returned it. "I take it they needed you for something related to the war?"

"Yeah, I had 'ta meet up wit' my mentor and discuss some other stuff."

"Like what?" Sakari wondered out of curiosity. 

Kiyo chuckled a bit and patted her head. "That I can't reveal right now, lassie."

As the group began chatting a bit, with the parents talking about being there to said their goodbyes to their kids, Sakari thought about the last entity they were going to find — Beatrice. They wondered what that was going to be like.

Before the others parted, Leiko went over to Sakari. "Hey, Sakari, when will we be expected to head to Tigoris? Once the last one's found?"

Sakari shrugged. "I can't say for certain. I will need to ask Aerial."

"That's okay." Leiko nodded, giving an understanding smile. "Just give us a text or call once you know, alright?"

"Alright." Sakari smiled and said her goodbyes to the group. Once the door clicked behind them, Sakari found herself crestfallen, but they tried to keep their hopes up.

"Okay...so." Sakari took a moment to recollect her words. "I'm going to go and ask Aerial when we're finding Beatrice."

"I'm comin' with you, then." Kiyo offered, looking over at Aiwami. "Do ye wanna come along for this one, Aiwami?"

"Hm? Oh, no but thanks for offering. I will be coming along when we have to head to Tigoris." Aiwami voiced, looking down at Sakari. She pulled her child into a comforting hug, of which Sakari returned. "Good luck, sweetie."