FIFTEEN || The Progress of an Old Cave's Flame

SAKARI STOOD IN FRONT OF THE HEADQUARTERS, gazing at the logo above the double doors. Deep down, they were wondering why their mother had called them here. But they were excited nonetheless.

When she opened the door, they saw Aiwami talking to Michiko. Their hues rested on Sakari's and Aiwami made her way over.

"Hey, Sakari. Sorry for surprising you with a text when you came back home. But Michiko wanted me to inform you of something."

"What is it?" Sakari wondered, inquisitive.

"Well, you wanted to get trained here to help out with your tasks." Michiko voiced, having a clipboard in her hand. "So I contacted your mother and we talked about it." she handed the said item to the teen.

The sixteen year-old took it and read. It looked like different training exercises. The first was the core and yoga exercises, as well as working at attacks and dodging them. 

"You're free to bring one of your entity friends if you want to help you train." Michiko voiced after Sakari handed it back to her. "Hopefully this will help, especially if you need to fight that Kuroma person again in the future." That name given indicated that either Aerial or one of the entities told her.

"Mhm and I think they will. Uh...I do have a question, though."

"Ask away." Michiko smiled warmly.

"Well, I think it would be best for me to do these on the weekends. Due to school and also if I need to go on missions during the week, too." Sakari shuffled her feet. "But overall, this seems okay."

"Alright. How does this Saturday sound? You can come in at any time."

Sakari looked at Aiwami. "What do you think, Mom?"

"I think it sounds good. Their homework has been less of a struggle for right now, so she'll be able to make it...in the afternoon?" Aiwami looked at their child to see if that was alright with them. She respected their decisions and made sure not to force anything on them, especially with choosing times for stuff.

"Yeah, that sounds good." Sakari wore a grin, showing that she was alright with it. "So, is there anything else?"

"No. Wait, one more thing." Michiko took a moment to remember, adjusting her glasses. "Aerial told me to let you know to come to the cave tomorrow. She has some updates and a new task for you."

"Okay!" Sakari sounded happy to hear about Aerial again. She's grown to see Aerial like an older sister in a way with their friendship. Well, some of the entities already felt like found family to her but she knew it would take some time. "See you Saturday!"

"See you then." Michiko smiled, hearing her phone go off. She saw it was Mrs. Nozomi calling and smiled, happy to hear from her wife. She answered it and walked off from them. "Hey, honey. How did your appointment go yesterday? I..."

The rest of the convo wasn't heard since Aiwami and Sakari made their way back to the house.

"So, how do you feel on this whole training thing?" Aiwami voiced, looking at her child.

"I feel good about it. I haven't started it yet, but I am looking forward to getting this down pat." Sakari wore a small smile, hugging their mother from the side. "I just hope that this won't pile on top of school and the tasks."

"I hope it won't, either." Aiwami voiced, returning the hug before loosening an arm to ruffle Sakari's hair playfully. "But I'm sure you'll do great. I have faith in you, Sakari."

"Thanks, Mom. That means a lot!" And Sakari did mean that. A pause drifted between the two as they set on the path to the neighborhood. It wasn't that far away. "Also because I think your support and my friends' is helping me get through this."