EIGHT || Explanations

AROUND AN HOUR HAD PASSED AFTER SAKARI and the others reached the cave. Ryōgaku had teleported them inside of the cave and assisted Wind in taking them to the healing section of the place. Kiyo chatted with the blonde entity afterwards and gave him his device to call their sister, Shisetsu.

Sakari watched them walk off before resting her back up against the cave again. They had been sitting there for an hour, her mind running over what happened at the arena. It was definitely something that would be embedded in the teen's mind for years, more than likely. She could only imagine how Kiyo, Tina, Fiona, and Ryōgaku were feeling.

Kiyo sat down next to her, turning into his entity form. He rested his head on her leg, looking up at them. "How are ye holdin' up, lassie??"

The brown-haired teen smiled at him and patted his head. "I don't know, to be honest. Today was just a roller coaster. Like, we were focusing on finding Kage and then everything just..." she trailed off, her shoulders sagging, "Went downhill. Especially with what happened to the Primum and also Kage. I wish we could've saved them..."

Kiyo saw tears falling down the chosen teen's face and he attempted to use his paw to wipe it away. It didn't work, so he turned into his human form to do so with his hand. "I know, but we couldn't. What happened 'ta them was inhumane an' awful. But th' good thing is, that arena is nae more. I will tell Solaria what happened, if that's alright. So we could get to 'ta bottom of this."

Sakari nodded with a small smile, appreciating her protector's kind gesture. She gave him a hug before pulling away. The memory of seeing Fiona's power earlier played in her mind, reminding them to ask Kiyo. "Say, Kiyo...when Fiona changed her appearance earlier, what was that?"

The same look of remembrance that had etched itself onto Kiyo earlier returned. "That was her Ultimate Power, lassie. An ultimate power activates when an entity feels a strong emotion. Orange means courage, red means love or anger, blue means sadness, purple means creativity or justice, an' green usually means envy or safety. They could have other meanin's too, but those are th' ones I know."

Sakari nodded in understanding, a hum leaving her lips. "That's actually really interesting! I don't know if we've learnt about that at the academy yet, but we might." she shrugged. She got up, looking over at the healing section. 

It wasn't too far off from where she and the protector were standing. Fiona and Kage were on makeshift stretchers and both were conscious. 

The redhead had an ice pack that Wind had made with her powers. Healing patches were on her face and glowed from time to time, showing that they were working.

Matching patches were on Kage. She was given new clothes — a sleeveless crimson turtleneck, light jeans, white boots and an orange denim jacket with wool. A necklace with a blue gem in it was around her neck, which was a gift from Wind herself. The grey-skinned entity found herself blushing slightly at the gift. Her dark hair was still curly, but the two strands in front were now white from what happened earlier.

"T-Thanks for saving me, Fiona." Kage looked over at her sister. "I don't know what happened, but I'm just glad to be out of there and safe."

Fiona smiled warmly, brushing a strand of her red hair behind her ear. Her hair was down, which wasn't that rare for her really. "I am, too. I think it would take a lot to explain, especially with Sakari and Kiyo here."

Kage looked over at the said brown-haired teen and the dog entity. "Yeah. Why are they here?" she wondered out of genuine curiosity.

"Well, Sakari here is the chosen one and Kiyo's the teen's protector. Kiyo let me know earlier on that Sakari's nonbinary and uses she/they pronouns." Fiona was saying that to respect and also validate the teen.