THIRTEEN || Complications

EXHAUSTION HIT SAKARI EARLY the next morning. The teen felt more tired than usual and almost fell back asleep, if it hadn't been for their alarm nudging them back to consciousness.

That, and the test they had today. She didn't want to be late for that. 

After she got ready for the day, making sure to get her book, she headed on downstairs. Aiwami had finished making breakfast and by her expression, Sakari could tell that she probably didn't get much sleep, either.

"Morning, Mom." Sakari smiled. The teen was donned in a light green blouse, jeans, and neon sneakers. "How're you doing?"

"I'm doing okay. Thanks, sweetie." Aiwami mirrored the smile, ruffling her child's hair. "I've been thinking about Kiyo." 

The dark-haired woman went to get the plates out, but Sakari helped in assisting and set them down on the marble counter. She looked around, seeing that the door and walls had been fixed earlier on when they had returned home yesterday. Sakari wondered if an entity was called to help fix them back to normal. She filed that in the back of her mind for right now.

"I have been, too. I almost didn't get any sleep last night because I've been worried. I know that he'll have a speedy recovery and all and will be there for three weeks, but..." Sakari paused for a moment. "But it'll just feel a bit different."

"I understand." Aiwami patted her child's back, rubbing a brief circle into it. "It'll take some time to get used to. Solaria said that you were going to be finding Nariko today, right?"

Sakari had almost forgot about it and her hues lit up. "Oh, yeah I am. It's after school today. I hope it goes well."

"I'm sure it will, Sakari. Just try and do your best. And be careful."

Sakari nodded and breakfast was served. Once the two finished, Aiwami offered to take Sakari to school since she saw how exhausted her child was. 

The teen felt less tired when they reached the school, since she had immersed herself in trying to study for the test today. She had almost forgotten due to being tired yesterday, especially with what happened with Kiyo.

She entered Mrs. Nozomi's classroom and waved to her. Mrs. Nozomi had just returned with the papers, freshly made, and had them on her desk. Jun and Haru noticed Sakari's condition and looked a bit worried, same for some in the class.

Leiko noticed, too and chuckled a bit. "Looks like someone didn't get their beauty  sleep. Quite pathetic."

Sakari glared at her, not really in the mood for Leiko's comments or bullying today. Usually she was able to ignore them, but sometimes Leiko's bullying did get on her nerves. "Can you please not do that?" and it was clear in their tone as well.

Leiko rose a brow, a "Whatever." leaving her lips. Sakari saw Shisui and smiled a bit at him, of which he waved in return. 

When Sakari sat down in her seat,  she noticed that Haru and Jun weren't there. She made a mental note to ask Mrs. Nozomi later. She hoped that they were alright.

The test was eventually passed out and Sakari got out her pencil. 

"You will have all class period to work on the test. It's multiple choice and fifteen questions. You may begin."

Sakari had already started working on it, chewing on the eraser from time to time to help stimulate. Testing anxiety got the best of them sometimes so she hoped it wouldn't affect her during this.

Most of the questions were pretty simple, really. A majority asked about the elements but some seemed like a blur, especially with Shiro Seishin, which she was sure she read ahead on. She went for the answer that she thought would work.