THIRTY-SEVEN || Preparations (⚠️)

TW // brief blood in Kimiko's nightmare. Skip the bold part if you want!

──────────────────

IT WAS LATE AT NIGHT IN THE CAVE. Kimiko tossed and turned in one of the beds Wind helped make for newcomers.

In her nightmare, she was imagining herself back on Sanguinia. The war between the two species was going on, a young Kimiko scared and wondering what to do. 

Alongside her was Hanji, her cousin. A white-haired Sanguis with dark brown skin was aside them, holding hands with Kimiko to try and calm her down. They stood with their backs to each other.

---

What are we going to do?!  Kimiko questioned, her heart racing like crazy. Things have gone to hell!

Let's see what  happens. Hopefully this shield will protect us!  Hanji voiced, creating a dark purple barrier around them. It pulsed with electricity as extra security.

It will only be for a few minutes, though! Both of our species are a lot stronger when it comes to their want for blood!  the Sanguis spoke.

Shit...Yuki's right. Kimiko realized that.

Just as things were supposedly fine, some of the Sanguis in their normal forms charged at the three. They faced the impact of the shield, some falling down. However, an Enguis was able to get through, creating an ice spear that pierced through.

DAMMIT!  Hanji grit his teeth, trying to restore the shield. But it was no use. They were starting to wear down the shield.

One of the Sanguis went right for Yuki. Kimiko's instinct kicked in, her heterochromatic hues -  orange and blue - glaring at the Sanguis. 

Don't hurt her! GAH!

Kimiko!

--

Kimiko stumbled back, feeling pain registering . God it hurt like hell and wait...what was on her hand? She moved it away to see blood on it, dripping down. Some was dripping down from where her blue eye used to be.

--

Ow! Kimiko winced, creating an ice and fire sword respectively. Even with one wounded eye, she was still going to fight.

Yuki and Hanji readied their weapons as well. They fended off most of the Sanguis and Enguis coming at them. However, a sudden whooshing breeze went past.

Yuki tried to hold on, but she ended up being picked up by the gust. 

Yuki! 

Kimiko tried to reach out for her, her and her girlfriend's hands nearly touching before Yuki screamed, going through a rift. 

NO!  the young Kimiko cried out, seeing more rifts opening up. Some of the Sanguis and Enguis went through them, others managing to stay behind like Hanji and Kimiko did.

The rifts ended and Kimiko saw something in the sky, starting to burn up as it entered the planet's atmosphere.

---

"AH!"

Kimiko screamed herself awake, panting and sweat beading down from her forehead. She looked around, seeing that most of the other entities were asleep.

However, Hanji had happened to hear her and got up, heading over to her bed. "Are you alright, Kim?! You looked like you just saw a ghost."

"I-I'm fine, yâat." Kimiko voiced, saying  'relative' in Thai. "I just had a nightmare...about Sanguinia."