Dangerous Opportunities

I made Marcel everything that he is

I treated him like a son.

And when my father chased me and my family from New-Orleans a hundred years ago we believed Marcel was killed.

We each mourned him in our own way.

Yet, when I returned, I found not only had he survived... he had thrived.

Instead of seeking us out, instead of sticking together as one, he made a choice, to take everything my family had built and make it his own.

Now he is living in our home.

He is sleeping in our beds.

The letter 'M' he stamps everywhere... it's not for Marcel.

It's for Mikaelson.

I want it all back.

And if I have to push him out to get it, then that's exactly what I'll do.

***

Mackenzie's giggles filled the room. "Stop it," she kept repeating, but she didn't mean it, and he knew that. They had started new games together, some even new to Elijah, as if Mackenzie was his muse inspiring him dirty little games he'd only play with her. It was innocent, at first, but soon, Mackenzie became more comfortable with him, more confident, and the stains of blood on the white bed sheets were so common now the compelled staff knew to change them almost every day. The implications of their activities only made them want each other more. Mackenzie, because she knew the effect her blood had on him, and Elijah, because he would never experience anything like this with anyone else other than her. Sure, he knew he would never love anyone the way he loved Mackenzie, but it wasn't just about love. And that was something that made Mackenzie feel powerful. That was the reason why, sometimes, she refused to take his blood after they were done. So that she'd keep the marks. So that he knew they were there. His marks on her body. Claiming her. And she loved the way it made him feel when he saw them too.

While Mackenzie and Elijah were enjoying what both Katherine and Rebekah had called their 'honeymoon period', Hayley wished for death. Well, maybe not literally. But she did pretty much hate her life, and she didn't have faith that it would get better in the next eighteen years. She was uncomfortable in every way. Not only was she pregnant with the world's most hated supernatural creature, but her future baby's father also was a total psychopath who didn't see her as anything more than an incubator for his miracle baby. He had forbidden her from leaving the house where he left her to rot every day. Every day, she was left with a couple acting not unlike two hormonal teenagers around the house, in other words, alone, alone with dusty books she had no intention of reading, and a TV remote giving her access to hundreds of channels she wasn't interested in watching at all. In other words, days passed and stayed the same, aside from the rising heat, and growing belly.