Chapter XLVI - Infiltration

Start from the beginning

Friday 1st May, 4:30.

New Jersey,

Gotham City,

Arkham Asylum.

Tugging at the collar of his blue uniform, Naruto released an irritated sigh as he pushed a metal stretcher bed containing a body bag. "Ah come on, lad don't be all bloody moody because you lost the bet." George Harkness joked as they walked down the corridors to the morgue.

"Shut up." Naruto snapped angrily causing Georges smile to only grow wider. The reason for his anger was simple, Naruto had drawn the short straw and was forced to work alongside Captain Boomerang instead of infiltrating through the kitchen staff, Eric had won that draw. It was safe to say that Naruto understood exactly why Floyd didn't like George and it was because they guy just wouldn't shut up talking.

Before George could respond with a comment which would only make the already sour Naruto even more annoyed, one of the guards stepped forwards. "Hold it right there." He ordered as they came to a stop at the entrance to the morgue. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Delivering a body to the morgue." George said in a way that conveyed both mocking sarcasm and complete seriousness at the same time. So much so, that the guard didn't know whether to be annoyed or sheepish and instead remained entirely serious.

The guard looked to the man behind the desk who shook his head.

"We haven't received any word of a body needing to be taken to the morgue, I'm afraid you can't come through here." The guard informed as another two move into position, there hands resting dangerously upon their submachine guns, a not so subtle sign of warning.

'Guess that means Deadshot's running a little behind.' Naruto thought noticing the slight smile/scowl on Georges face as he realised what this meant. 'Which is just what we needed, now we're drawing attention to ourselves. Come on, Deadshot, hurry up.' Looking around, Naruto noticed another three guards moving up behind them intent on cutting off their escape.

"Come on, look at it, they're obviously dead!" George exclaimed while hitting the head of the body with his fist.

'She'll kill you for that.' Naruto winced knowing that Frost wouldn't like that at all and he wouldn't stop her. In fact, if George continued to be annoying, Naruto would help her.

The guards watched him unamused by his words and the lead guard just nodded his head towards one of the others behind him. They walked forwards with a pad in one hand and raised it to the body. There was a tense few seconds before the guard stepped back.

"They're dead." He informed and Naruto fought to keep himself from showing how impressed he was from his face. Crystals internal body temperature was just above natural, but it was masked by the coldness of her skin so to sensors she appeared for all intents and purposes, as dead. Or so she had said, Naruto hadn't quite fully believed it until now.

"Alright." The lead guard nodded his head. "Look, even so I can't let you through. We haven't received word that anyone needed taking to the morgue and we can't break protocol."

"That doesn't make sense." Naruto spoke up. "We were told specifically to bring this body down here. You should have received word that we were coming."

The lead guard shrugged his shoulder. "We haven't received any news, so I'm afraid I can't let you in." He then looked Naruto up and down with his eyes narrowed in suspicion. "You know, you look awfully young."

Naruto shrugged his shoulders. "Yea, I get that a lot. I'm twenty-two but people keep saying I'm younger. It makes it really annoying when I go out for a few beers and keeping on getting asked for my ID." Naruto joked and the lead guard gave a short laugh, his suspicions put at ease.

"Yea, I imagine that would be a problem."

"Sir, we've just got word through, they're good to go." The guy behind the reception said and the lead guard walked over to see.

"About bloody time." George muttered annoyed, only Naruto understanding who that was really aimed at. Naruto himself was taking note of the guards that were around him, most had stepped back putting more space between them all and while it certainly put Naruto at ease, he still didn't like how they were holding their guns. It made him nervous and he didn't like to feel like that.

"Sorry about that." The lead guard said as one of his comrades pressed a button on a panel allowing the door to open. "The system must have had a glitch."

"No worries." Naruto replied before George could open his mouth and piss off the guards. "I understand." Pushing the stretcher into the morgue, Naruto carefully made sure to keep his head down as to avoid getting his face caught in any camera. It certainly wasn't easy with the cameras positioned in such a way to capture those images, but Naruto certainly did his best.

While Naruto pushed the stretcher up to the wall, assisting one of the workers with carrying Frost's prone body onto the dissecting table, George quickly signed a form with a smile on his face. 'Stop smirking, you idiot. You look like a guys who's up to no good.'

"Let's see what goodies we've got." The doctor said pulling his latex gloves tight before unzipping the bag.

Naruto himself was leaning against the side of the wall, arms crossed over his chest as he watched the man's surprised look, quickly turn into a leer upon seeing the naked body of Crystal.

Though he quickly jerked away in shock when her eyes opened. "Oh shit!" He exclaimed, his voice rising a little in pitch. Frost herself just reached our gripping his shirt and pulling him in for a kiss, his shocked and horrified whimpers quickly being silenced.

His hands that were raised in a moment of instinctive shock, quickly fell limp by his side as his face iced over, leaving Naruto shocked and a little worried. 'That could have been me.' A traitorous part of his mind whispered as he thought back to the pleasurable night he and Frost had. Safe to say neither got much sleep, Naruto's physical enhancements due to the serum allowing him to keep going to satisfy both his and Frosts great sexual needs.

Releasing the man with a smile, Frost rose off the bed, the worker dropping to the ground, his head shattering into tiny fragments of ice as it did so. Her naked chest still on view for a few short seconds before pulling up her suit as she stalked towards George and the other morgue worker. The distraction of seeing his fellow worker being killed and the sight of Frost in her naked glory left the man unable to move, something George used to his advantage.

A quick punch later and the morgue worker dropped to the ground unconscious and he turned to Frost with a smirk. Naruto felt his own lips twitch upwards at the sight of Frost's glare, he knew exactly what would happen next and he was proved to be right.

Her leg swung up, straight into George's ball and he collapsed to the ground in heap with a cry of pain. "My gullies!"

"That's payback, dumbass." Stepping over his fallen body, Frost walked over towards the door Naruto was told by. It was a little back entrance leading to the sewers, which was exactly where they needed to be. "Walk it off, Captain Kangaroo." She spat out before turning to Naruto, her scowl switching into an alluring smile. "Come on, lover boy. We've got work to do." She teased, blowing him a kiss before walking out the door.

Naruto himself looked to see George glaring at her back. "You asked for that." He said before following Killer Frost out into the corridor. "So, lover boy?"

"Meh, couldn't think of much else. Besides," she moved in front of Naruto, one hand on his chest. "It suits you." She teased and Naruto simply shook his head and continued to walk down the corridor, both ignoring George's confused mumbling about the two of them.

"Come on, we haven't got much time. Deadshot and Harley should nearly be at the rendezvous point. Black Spider and King Shark shouldn't be too far behind either." That's when they heard the sound of an explosion. "Scratch that, looks like Eric's already making his move.