"Oh Hermione darling your look beautiful!" Mrs. Weasley exclaims while pulling me into a hug. 

"Thank you Mrs. Weasley. I love your outfit, is it new?" She nods. 

"Yes, Ginny took me out shopping the other day." She exclaims with a wide smile. We continue talking for a few moments before I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I glance behind my shoulder to see they grey eyes I have fallen in love with. 

"Slytherin green looks good on you." He whispers in my ear. I smile and turn around before placing a kiss on his cheek. 

"Thank you." He smiles down at me before pulling me into a hug. "Did your Mother make it?" 

"Yes, I believe she is talking with Blaise and Luna in the other room."  He leads me to the other room where Narcissa Malfoy is with some of our school friends. 

"Luna!" The small blonde turning around and hugs me. 

"Hello Hermione. Your home is beautiful." 

"Thank you Luna. How are you doing?" 

"I'm doing wonderful! Blaise and I just got back from Italy. He wanted to show me where he grew up." She smiles at the Italian and he smiles back. 

"That sounds wonderful. I went  to Italy with my parents once during our summer holiday from Hogwarts." I explain while thinking back to the summer before third year. Narcissa turns to me and smiles. 

"How have you been my dear? Draco says you were sick this past week." I nod. 

"Yes I caught a muggle cold. I was sick for a few days but now I feel great! Thankfully I had Ginny around to help me plan this party tonight." I glance around the room and smile at how the decorations turned out, I decided to stick with just gold and silver decorations. 

"It looks wonderful, you and Mrs. Potter did an amazing job." She places her hand on my shoulder and squeezes it asuringly. Just then I am called away by the next guest. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours later I find myself out on the balcony alone, taking a second to breath. Looking around at my surroundings I notice the small lake that is just past the property line. 

"There you are." I hear from behind me. I smile back at Draco and turn my attention back to the lake. "Are you ok?" He asks while walking closer to me. 

"Yeah, I just needed a moment to myself." I shiver runs down my spin as the cold wind blows. Draco notices and slips his jacket off before putting it over my shoulders. 

"Thank you." I lean back slightly and place a kiss on his cheek. He smiles and wraps his arms around my waist. 

"Can you believe that we made it this far?" He asks with a look of deep thought in his eyes. 

"Honestly no, I usually hate to look over the past it was a dark time for us all. But after talking to Ginny earlier I realized that we should not have survived, yet we did." I turn around to fully face him. 

"I was thinking about that the other day. I understand why you survived, you were a hero but me I did nothing but cause trouble. I shouldn't have survived." He has a far off look in his eyes and I can tell that he is thinking back to the war. 

"Don't do that." I whisper while pulling him close. "You didn't deserve to die and I don't want to hear you say that again. We both did what we did to survive and now here we are, ringing in the New Year with our friends and family." I release him and point into the house where our guest are all drinking and talking happily. "That right there is the reason we both fought so hard, we wanted a world where everyone we love could be safe." 

"A world where Harry Potter could have a child and not worry that he will have to fight to the death." Draco mumbles. I face him with a small smile. 

"Exactly a world where Harry and Ginny can have a safe and happy family." 

"I want that." Draco simply says. My eyes widen and I look at him. 

"I want to have a safe and happy family...... with you." He repeats. 

"Draco." I whisper tears starting to pool in my eyes. Growing up I never put much thought into having children, the thought honestly scared me. But ever since Draco and I have been together it is something I have thought more and more about. 

"Start a family with me Hermione. I know we aren't married and it isn't conventional but when have we every been conventional." He pleads. The look of desperation in his eyes is overwhelming. It's as if he thinks I will refuse his request. 

I must take too long to respond because he seems to deflate and goes to turn away without a word. 

"Wait Draco. I wasn't not responding because I don't want to start a family. I wasn't responding because it surprised me." I explain while grabbing his arm to stop him. 

"I don't want you to feel like I am making you. It's something I have been thinking about for the last few weeks and after talking to you about children the other day I realized that it is the one thing I want most in the world, you and a family. I can live without everything but those two things I will not give up." He places his hand on my cheek, causing me to look up at him. "Start a family with me." He says again. Without a second thought I nod my head. 

"Draco Malfoy, I will start a family with you in this New Year."