Frontierland: Part One

Start from the beginning

These entries are from the 1800s when Samuel Colt was alive. He documented everything. There is a passage here about a Phoenix, and your mouth hangs open in shock.

"What is it?" Dean asks when he sees your face.

"You are not going to believe this," you chuckle and waddle back over to the desk where the four of them sit. You begin reading from the passage about the Phoenix. "March 5, 1861. Sunrise, Wyoming. Gun killed a Phoenix today. Left a pile of smoldering ash."

"Really? Whose gun?"

"Colt's," you grin.

"Colt? Colt like–"

"–like the Colt," you cut him off and turn to the front page with his name. "From Samuel Colt's journal."

"What?!" Sam grins. "That's his?"

"Yeah."

"Dude, no," Dean shakes his head.

"Dude, yes," you scoff.

"Well, let me see it."

"Get your own," you move the book away from his paws, and lean back in your chair to inspect it further.

"Well, what else did he say about the Phoenix? What does it look like? Has it got feathers?" your dad asks.

"It just says, 'Phoenix'."

"Did he say where he tracked it?" Sam wonders.

"No."

"Alright, so I guess we got to find one of our own–whatever it is."

"I know where we can find one," you say and hold up the journal. "March 5, 1861. Sunrise, Wyoming."

"Yeah, we'll Star Trek IV this bitch," Dean grins when he understands where you're coming from.

Sam and your dad, however, just look at each other in confusion.

"It's like I don't even know you guys anymore," Dean rolls his eyes. "Star Trek IV. Save the whales."

"What he means is, we hop back in time, join forces with Samuel Colt, hunt the Phoenix, and then haul the ashes back home with us," you explain.

"Time travel?" your dad asks in disbelief.

"We've done it before."

"That's a reasonable plan?"

"We got a guy who can swing it."

Dean stands up and bows his head as he prays to the only angel you'll probably ever know and love.

"Castiel. The, uh, fate of the world is in the balance. So, come on down here," he pauses, opens his eyes, looks around, and shakes his head in disappointment. "Come on, Cas, I Dream of Jeannie your ass down here pronto. Please."

Nothing happens for the first couple of seconds, but then you hear the flutter of wings and know he is here. Turning around, you don't face the familiar angel, but a female one who looks a bit annoyed.

"Jeannie?" Dean whispers.

"Rachel," she says. "I understand you need some assistance? How can I help you?"

"Um, we'd like to speak with Castiel, if you don't mind," you say.

"I'm here on Castiel's behalf."

"Where is he?" Sam asks.

"Busy."

"Well, we've got a hit on the mother of fucking everything, so–"

"I'm sure your issue's very important, but Castiel is currently commanding an army."