The truth

Angelina's POV:

We were doing the school play, Romeo and Juliet. Lucas played Romeo, Farkle was a spear-carrier, and Riley played Juilet. Maya and I were watching in the audience. I felt kind of weird about this whole thing, but I have no idea why. Lucas walks over to Riley and leans down beside her, and starts his line. "Eyes, look your last. Arms, take your last embrace. And, lips, oh, you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss." Just as he was about to kiss her, Farkle comes on stage. I was really thankful for that, but I shouldn't be. I should let them be happy. I want Lucas to be happy.

"Back off!" Farkle shouts at Lucas, holding his spear up to him.

"What meanest thou? Spear carrier...who haven't no lines."

"You tried to kiss my woman. This I can not allow. Prepare to die!"

"Farkle. What are you doing? It's Romeo and Juliet."

"Well, now it's Romeo, Juliet, and Farkle. I play Farkle."

"Dude, I'm supposed to kiss the girl. Shakespeare said." Lucas said, but for some reason, sounded a little relieved that Farkle interrupted. Did he not love Riley like she loved him?

"Who thinks that the spear-carrier should finally get to kiss Juliet?"

The audience cheered, including me, and Lucas smiled at me a little. I smiled back, and then Maya stood up beside me and shouted, "Yeah, you kiss that girl, you crazy spear carrier."

"Hark! You cometh upeath here, and geteth kissed too."

Maya walked on stage and laid down beside Riley, and Lucas stood off to the side smiling a little. I wonder why?

When the play was over, we all lined up down the hallways and waited for them to come out.

Lucas's POV:

I was glad that Farkle interrupted, truth be told. I didn't want to kiss Riley. If it was Angelina that was playing Juliet, I would have, but not Riley. We were about to have to go down the hallway. It was my turn, and as soon as I reached the end, I stood by Angelina. Farkle came out, and when Riley started clapping, everyone else did. The girls were talking to Farkle, so I turn to Angelina.

"So, what do you think of the play?" I asked her.

"I thought it was okay. If I'm being honest Romeo and Juliet are one of my favorites, and I would have liked playing Juilet. However, I know I couldn't have done it with everyone watching me." She answers. I don't know if she meant it like this or not, but she did say that she wanted to play Juliet. Since I was Romeo, that would have meant that we kissed. I would have wanted her to play Juliet as well.

"I'm sure you would have been great," I assure her. One day I'll get my moment with her. I just don't know when. She thanks me, and then we head off to class.

Angelina's POV:

Mr. Matthews taught us about truth or at least trying to, but Riley and Maya kept interrupting him. Mainly Riley. "Nice locket," Riley says toward Maya's new gold locket.

"You likey?" Maya asks her.

"If history's about discovering the truth about what happened in the past, we should spend some time trying to discover what the truth is." Mr. Matthews says.

"Where'd you get the nice locket?" Riley asks.

"Shh, I come here to learn." Maya answers and the two girls laugh. I smile at them, but at the same time, I did want to hear what he had to say a little.

"All throughout history, people have suffered consequences for telling the truth." Mr. Matthews says.

"Is that real gold?" Riley keeps questioning Maya.

Girl meets new girlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara