Demolition/the date

Angelina's POV:

I had gotten a call from Maya this afternoon, and she asked me to come over to Demolition, and she would explain everything when I got there. So I took the Subway over there and met her by the door. When I got there both Riley and Maya were there, arms full of clothes, saying that they were going to sell all their clothes for money. I was completely against the idea, but Maya thought that they may need me, specifically to keep Riley from buying something else.

So they both walk in, and to the sales counter. "We'd like to sell all of our clothes please," Riley announced.

A lady walked out and started to look everything over. Then Maya came over to me. "Hey." She greeted.

"Hi." I smiled back.

"So, when's your date with Lucas?"

I checked my phone for the time. "Uh, in about two hours," I answer.

"What? Then what are you doing here? Go, get ready, have a good time, and just enjoy yourself." She pushed me out the door, so I did as she asked and went to my apartment to get ready. I knew he said that he that I would need a swimsuit under my clothes, so after my shower, that's what I change into first. Unfourtnaly, I didn't have a one-piece to try and cover myself as much as possible, so I had to borrow a swimsuit from my aunt.

 Unfourtnaly, I didn't have a one-piece to try and cover myself as much as possible, so I had to borrow a swimsuit from my aunt

After then I got into normal clothes, which were some jeans and a simple T-shirt, trying to hide my body as long as I could. Shortly after I finished my hair there was a knock on my door. I opened it to see Lucas. "Wow," he said when the door opened, "you look great."

"Thank you,"  I answer.

We head out, and it was around seven at night, and we rode the subway over to...a beach! I loved swimming, it was one of my favorite things to do. Looking closer I see a table set up, with a picnic basket beside it.

 Looking closer I see a table set up, with a picnic basket beside it

*time skip*

We had been swimming for at least two hours, and when we head out he gave me a towel from the basket, and we laid out across this blanket and looked at the stars. "Angelina?" He asked.

"yeah?" I answered.

"Tell me something about yourself."

"What?" I asked confused. "Lucas we've known each other since elementary school, what don't you know about me."

"I know your favorite color is yellow because it reminds you of light and happiness which you've always hoped for, your favorite subject is English because you love seeing things from different perspectives and through different characters, I know you don't like the cold, even though we're in New York, and you want to be a teacher. And I notice you. I notice that you play with your hair when you're nervous, you talk more when you're mad, I notice you keep your head down when you're embarrassed, and I notice you don't ever give a true smile. I want to know something that nobody else knows."

I was in shock at first, but then I thought about it, what could I tell him. "Um...when I'm older, I want to adopt kids. I know that a lot of people want biological children, and maybe I will later in life as well, but I want to give a child a chance at a good home. To show them what love feels like if they've never had that experience before."

Around ten we decided to head back, and I spent the night at his place again. This was a great date, and my first one. I'm glad it was with Lucas.

AN: Sorry for the short chapter and late update. I'm going through some writer's block.