Maya's mother

Angelina's POV:
We were in art, and I was sitting next to Lucas. We were supposed to be drawing fruit until Farkle walked in wearing a robe. What was he about to do? "Why draw fruit when you can draw a real piece of art?" Farkle said, taking off his robe.

"No!" The girls shouted, and I hid my face in Lucas's arm since he was next to me, trying to hide my embarrassment. Lucas laughed at me and pulled my chair closer, so I wasn't as far away.

"Quit laughing at me!" I say.

"I can't help it. Look at you." He said. I don't know if he meant it like this, but I definitely was upset to hear that. I lifted my head off of him and turned back to my sketchbook to draw Farkle. I was so busy drawing Farkle I didn't notice Maya glaring at Lucas.

"When drawing a Farkle, start with the eyes." Mrs. Kossal says to us.

"I think the eyes should go straight to the gun show," Farkle said, flexing what little muscle he had.

"All right, I know these are a work of progress, but let's see what we have so far. Maya. My goodness. This is brilliant." She says, turning the book around to show Farkle in a bird's nest.

"Farkle is in a bird's nest," Riley says.

"It's a work of serialism, Riley. It's how the artist views the subject."

"I'm a bird to you?" Farkle asked.

"No, you just need to be protected," Maya explained.

"You love me."

"Leave me alone."

"And, of course, my new artist Angelina." Mrs. Kossal said, turning my book around to show to the class as well.

(I know this is a picture, but I couldn't find a drawing I liked so this is what I'm using)

"Girls, there's a school exhibit coming up. I want both of you to display one of your pieces."

"What about my piece?" Riley asked.

"That's a cute top."

"No thanks, Mrs. Kossal. I don't draw for other people to look at, but thank you." Maya says.

"Yeah, I don't want others looking at my work either." I follow up.

"I'd appreciate you, girls, thinking about it, okay?"

Farkle leaves to go to the gym. Poor Farkle.

Lucas's POV:

As class lets out, I keep thinking about my interaction with Angelina. Why did she move away from me? Maya came up to me and glared at me. What did I do to her? "Are you an idiot?" She asks.