Father

AN: Sorry this chapter took so long. College can be a pain. I got behind on schoolwork, but I'm caught up now, and so I hope to get back to updating once a day. However, I also have other stories I'm working on, so it might not happen. That is the goal though.

Angelina's POV:

We were at school the next morning, and everyone was talking about the school dance on Friday. Farkle was talking to Riley and Maya. "School dance. I'm gonna put you both down for Dance Numbers one through all of them. We will alternate. You and me, me and you. When you're not dancing with me, you may not dance with anyone else. So you may sit and wait until you dance with me again."

"Yeah, none of this is happening," Maya says.

"oh, well then can I get one dance from each of you?"

"Sure." Riley answers.

"Ha! That's all I wanted. You just got played by Farkle." He says and walks into class.

Lucas walks over to us. "Hey, guys." He greets us.

"Lucas!" Riley says. She walks closer to him. Maya following while I stay behind.

"Hey, yeehaw. You going to tick-tock shake your body time? Cause you know, it's not a square dance, so there's not going to be a whole lot of do-si-doing." Maya says. 

"Maya." I gasp.

"Well then, I'm sure you can have no idea what to do, and you can make fun of me," Lucas says.

"Lucas." I again gasp.

Maya walks back over to me, and we listen to Lucas and Riley. "Are you going to the dance?" Riley asks.

"I thought I might. You?" He asks her.

Maya pretends to gag, and I laugh a little but still scold her. If they want to go together, then they should. Maya does some weird dance, and Lucas and Riley walk off. I wait for Maya, then we head to class.

*time skip*

Mr. Matthews greets us as we walk in. "Frair. Hart. Farkle. Davidson. You!" He spat at Riley. What was going on at home?

"Dad, I.." Riley starts.

Mr. Matthews puts cuts her off, and so she walks back to her seat. He begins to start passing the test we took yesterday. I looked down to see I got an F. This has never happened to me before. Maya looked upset too. "You okay?" Riley asked before I could.

"He gave me an F." She answered. So we both failed then.

"That's nuts. You're a solid D student."

"Mr. Frair. I took particular notice of your position that evolution does not preclude the existence of...How did you put it?" Mr. Matthews asked.

"A guiding hand that has your best interest at heart," Lucas answered.

Maya raised her hand and got called on. "You failed me," Maya said.

"Why don't we talk about this after class." Mr. Matthews says.

"What's there to talk about? You failed me. You think I'm a failure. There's nothing more for you to teach me."

"Maya," I say.

"No. I bet you got another A, right?"

"No. I got an F, just like you."

Apparently, that just angered her more, as she grabbed my hand and walked me out the door ignoring Mr. Matthews.

Riley joins us soon after, as Maya is cleaning out her locker."Redecorating your locker?" Riley asks.