Forgivness part three

The final part of the forgiveness chapters.

Angelina's POV:

I looked up to find the janitor of the school. "I'm sorry, I'm probably in your way." I apologize and stand up, whipping some stary tears. He stopped me before I got too far. "What's wrong, kid?" He asked me.

"Nothing. I just got a lot on my mind." I respond, still trying to work my way through what went down in the classroom.

"Talk to me. It will make you feel better letting it out."

Did I really want to trust this stranger? Did I want to be that vulnerable? I got Nothing to lose at this point, though, so I may also give it a try. But maybe not.

Third-person POV:

Mr. Matthews let Riley, Farkle, Lucas, and Maya go after Angelina. When they got there, the janitor and Angelina were just looking at each other until Angelia finally said something. "I promise I'm fine." He nodded, and Angelia walked off, and the group of friends decided to follow her.

Angelina's POV:

If I opened up, he would have reported me. I can't have that. I decided to go home for the day. I went to Topanga's. It was supposed to be good. By the time I got there, it seemed that a lot of people were there. They appeared to recognize someone behind me, so I walked to the side. The bell ringed again, and this time I did lookup. It was right after school at this point. History was our class today, so school was now out at this point. Mr. Matthews walked through the door, and Lucas and Zay's new group were already there talking to a group of people. I turned my head quickly to the wall next to me.

After a couple of minutes, I heard footsteps coming towards my table. I prayed it wasn't them, but when did I ever get that lucky. It was indeed Mr. Matthews, Lucas, Zay, Riley, Maya, and Farkle. Before they could ultimately reach the table, I sprang up, grabbed my stuff, and speed towards the door. It was still a restaurant, so I couldn't run, but I walked as fast as possible without looking weird. Unfourtantly that was not fast enough. Someone called out to me and grabbed my arm. Lucas was the one who stopped me.

"Hey, we wanted to talk to you," Lucas said as everyone else was close to the door. My guess trying to stop me from leaving.

"Now is not a good time." I try to force my arm out of his grip, but this only caused his hold to tighten. I don't know if he's unaware of the strength he has or if he was doing this on purpose, probably the latter, but it was starting to hurt really bad. "Please, let me go. You're hurting me." He instantly let go, and I cradled my wrist to my chest and backed up as far as possible. I just want to go home.

"Angelina, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to; I didn't want you to leave. I didn't know I was using that much force." He tried to 'explain' himself.

I simply went back to another step and walked a little closer to the door.

"Wait, no, please don't leave. We just want to talk to you, I promise."

I don't want to be anywhere near them. The others were still blocking my exit. "Please. Leave me alone." My voice cracked towards the end. Don't you dare cry again? Don't show them how weak you actually are. They all looked at me like I was some kind of wounded animal. "I'm sorry I moved to your new school, and I promise I'll try to move back home, but please, don't hurt me anymore."

"No, wait, we want you here. I promise, just let hear us out, please." What would it hurt, as long as I stayed away from them after this, right? Maybe if I did they would finally leave me alone. I slowly nodded my head, and Lucas, Zay, and I  walked over to a booth. The rest of their friend group stepped in to sit in the seats in the middle. I sat on the side closest to the wall. Being next to it gave me a weird sense of comfort. Well, it did until Lucas sat down next to Zay and me in front of me. I gulped and scooted closer to the wall and further into myself.

"Look, we're sorry. We should have never done that, and we should have stuck up for you when others were bullying you. Especially after your aunt died. We're sorry. Can you please give us another chance?"

I thought about it for a moment, what was to stop them from doing again, but I did need to forgive someone. Was I really ready for it to be them? No, I was not. "Thank you for apologizing, but I'm not ready to move on yet. I'm sorry." I went to get out but forgot that Lucas was next to me and only bumping into him. I went back to my wall and leaned against it once more when he showed no moving signs.

"Can you tell me why?"

"Because I don't know if I can handle that right now, please let me leave." He raised his hand, and I cowered further into the wall. He put his hand back down and let me out at last. I decided there were two people I could forgive, though. I think I was ready for that now. I went to the park, unaware their little group, including Mr. Mathhews, followed me. I started to talk to people I haven't in a long time.

"Hey, mom, Hey dad. I know it's been a while, but I figured that there wasn't a better time to get reconnected. My teacher talked about forgiving in history, and I figured y'all were a good place to start. So, I forgive you for leaving me alone in this world. I forgive you for leaving me when Lucas and Zay first started bullying me. I forgive you for missing my first day of school for the last ten years now. I will forgive you for missing my high school graduation and my first day of college. I will forgive you time and time again, and I think I'm finally at peace with being alone."

I heard a sniffle and turned around and saw that they followed me, and Riley was crying. I felt myself growing angry. Did they think it was okay to follow me? That was a federal offense. I scoffed at them. They changed, yet they would intrude on something like this. I ran home. Why were they following me? I told them to leave me alone after they talked to me? Did they think I would forgive them that easily? Well, after doing something like that, it would not happen for a long time, if ever.