Game night

Angelina's POV:

Maya had invited me to go over to the Matthews house with her, Farkle, and Lucas. Something about wanting to see Mr. Matthews freak out about us being there for family game night. I accepted since I didn't want to be alone tonight. As soon as we walked into the door, Maya started talking about Mr. Matthews. "Did you tell them yet? Did he freak?" She asked Riley. She then turned to Mr. Matthews. "Did she tell you yet? Did you freak? Show me what you did. Freak out for me."

"Why would I freak out?" Mr. Matthews asked. "What did you do?!" Mr. Matthews asked his daughter.

"Family game night, now with extra family," Riley answered.

At that time, Josh walked in with Auggie. "Auggie didn't want to miss family game night. We never even made it out the city." Josh explained. He grabbed money out of his pocket. "Oh, here's your money." He handed it over to Mr. Matthews.

"Hey, this is a dollar." Mr. Matthews said. "I gave you a hundred."

"With that kind of money, you think we're not going to buy steaks?"

"Thank you, papa," Auggie said, rubbing his stomach.

"You know what? My brother!"

"My brother!" Josh repeated.

"Listen, you're here for game night. You're family. You're in."

The intercom buzzes. "Farkle." Farkles voice rang out.

"And Lucas," Lucas added.

Riley walked over. "Come on up." She told them.

Mr. Matthews was talking to Mrs. Matthews, but we could still hear them. "Topanga, it's happening." Mr. Matthews said.

"Calm down." Mrs. Matthews said.

"No calm. It's happening right now. Riley invited her friends to family game night." I now felt bad for coming. I should have stayed home. Mr. Matthews turned to face Riley. "Riley shnuckoms. Um, you're going to have to prioritize what's more important to you. You're family, huh? Our your friends? There is only one right answer."

"Why do I-" Riley started but then got cut off.

"Wrong answer."

"-have to choose between-"

"Wrong answer."

"I love my friends, and I want to hang out with my friends." There was a knock on the door, and Riley opened it to see Farkle and Lucas. "Welcome to family game night, friends," Riley said, letting them in.

"Wrong, wrong, wrong answer." Mr. Matthews asked Mrs. Matthews to go to the kitchen with him, but we could all still hear him again. "Get rid of them."

"Why do I have to be you all the time?" Mrs. Matthews asked.

"You think it's easy. Say goodbye to your daughter, honey. She has chosen her friends over her family."

"Why can't we just play with her friends?"

"Because Topanga, the second she invited Dr. Turtleneck and Mr. Howdy into our household, our family was compromised by interlopers."

"Maybe we should just come back another time," Lucas suggested while I nodded in agreement.

Mr. Matthews turned around to face us. "Oh, yeah, we don't have walls. I told you we need walls, Topanga."

"Dr. Tutleneck, I presume," Josh said, walking to Farkle.

"How could you tell?" Farkle said like he wasn't wearing a turtleneck right now.